Maleficent PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've sent an email to SS to ask why the preview pic has a much brighter green hand then she does in this screen grab I did from the DVD
Malifacent-sc.jpg

Maybe she is more green, because they just decided to take some creative license with it and enhance things. Don't forget, they have to make something work in 3D physical form now, what was only just a 2D animation made like 50 years ago or whenever.
And also judging from that pic, that color of her looks quite bland anyway. Sprucing her up might not be a bad thing.
Wait and see.

Maybe she is more green, because they just decided to take some creative license with it and enhance things. Don't forget, they have to make something work in 3D physical form now, what was only just a 2D animation made like 50 years ago or whenever.
And also judging from that pic, that color of her looks quite bland anyway. Sprucing her up might not be a bad thing.
Wait and see.

Yeah, maybe. But frankly, when it comes to overall colours, I'd rather it be a bit less creative and more screen accurate. I'm not sure being 3D really makes a massive difference to the colours. So while it may need to be a little brighter, due to it being something you look at, instead of something that's projected at you, if they make her too green, you end up more with the Wicked Witch of the West.

Basically I want to avoid the same problem of the ruby red lips on the Galadriel PF. She never looked like that in the films, yet they then shipped what looks more like 'hooker' lip stick.

But yes, we will see, tho we really won't know till production items start to ship.

Honestly to me she looks almost more of a pale blue in some shots, but sometimes I confuse certain shades of blue and green. :(

Last edited:
I got my order in right away for the EX! Didnt' even look at pics, just ordered right away! lol
Now I can sit on it and NOW go look at the pics and decide.

I like it. I think it looks good. The color doesn't bother me. It seems to suit it in my eyes. I like both heads too.
But I prefer the straight faced one. I just don't get the different hand? Finger pointing up, finger pointing down. lol Seriously? lol Why bother with the hand exclusive. Too subtle.

THAT is NOT Malecifent, sorry

Hmmm, you know the more I look at the pics of the sculpt and the more I look at some stills from the film on google, the more I feel they missed the sculpt too. Face isn't long enough, chin not pointy enough, and lips aren't right...aren't full enough, aren't evil enough.

Looks more like a bit of a cross between the cartoon and a 'real world' interpretation...sort of like how they turn STAR WARS EU and cartoon characters into real world characters...

The rest of the body and costuming is FANTASTIC...not sure how I'm feeling about the head sculpts yet though...

:angelsmil

Well, I hate complaining about this piece, but I don't see the likeness anywhere. Sculpt should have been more accurate IMO
I don't think you're complaining. This is one of my all-time favorite villains and I'm disappointed in the face as well. With all of the Maleficent visual references and the talented sculptors at SST's, the portrait should better represent the look of the character on celluloid.

Was this done by the same artist who sculpted the head for the evil queen? It seems that with Sideshow, a pf can be either hit or miss.:confused:

I still ordered the exclusive though, and i'll definately be keeping it. I also ordered her castle aswell.:joy

Back