Maleficent PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate to complain but my first impression is they messed up her face on both portraits just as much as the cartoony Emma Frost PF face looks bad.

Maleficient looks too cartoony (yes, even though she IS a cartoon). I think this is the first fail for Sideshow in their Disney line. Maybe I'm wrong, I'll look at it some more but first impression is not good.

Maleficient looks too cartoony (yes, even though she IS a cartoon). I think this is the first fail for Sideshow in their Disney line. Maybe I'm wrong, I'll look at it some more but first impression is not good.

I think too cartoony is a perfect description -- especially the smiling portrait. The base did turn out nice. I'll need to see her in person (hopefully at Comic Con) before deciding to keep this.

I think the castle is the superior Maleficent preorder of the day...and it's cheaper.

I think too cartoony is a perfect description -- especially the smiling portrait. The base did turn out nice. I'll need to see this in person hopefully at Comic Con before deciding on this.

I think the castle is the superior Maleficent preorder of the day...and cheaper.

she doesn't look right in either portrait. The serious one, it looks like she is trying to "look serious and mean" but is trying to hold a laugh in.

Wow, this is really disappointing. they should have a panel of fans (I would volunteer) to look at this stuff before it goes to far into production. This is a major blunder...

I hate to complain but my first impression is they messed up her face on both portraits just as much as the cartoony Emma Frost PF face looks bad.

No, I agree with you totally. I remmeber seeing SB as a kid, they dropped the ball as of now, but theres lots of time before she comes out...so she can be "fixed".

I really wanted this, but I think I'm going to have to pass.
zko0no.jpg

I like this portrait a little better, but I don't think it looks like the animation.
iee52w.jpg

Ordered the Ex as well, but keeping the order is another matter.

The 'evil' grin head is just hideous and not the Ex bit I was expecting. As I feared, rather too green, tho with luck some of that is due to the bright lighting, but even so, needs to be toned down.

I need to spend a bit more time comparing the normal head with screen grabs.

The base, the overall flowing costume, the pose, etc all looks great tho, but so far, a bit of a disapointment.

I like it...she is very tall too...Reg portrait is more iconic though.

she doesn't look right in either portrait. The serious one, it looks like she is trying to "look serious and mean" but is trying to hold a laugh in.

Wow, this is really disappointing. they should have a panel of fans (I would volunteer) to look at this stuff before it goes to far into production. This is a major blunder...

:lecture

I'll gladly join that panel.:D

It makes me worry about the Jack Sparrow PF. The likeness will either make or break that statue.:(

3000261_press06-001.jpg

4566470_std.jpg
maleficent.jpg

I don't like the regular face, when compired to the shots I just gave. I have to see the EX before I can pass judgement. Her face is slender, but the PF heads don't seem that way?

Though still not perfect I think the Enesco bust has a greater likeness (and more accurate color)

900543_press01.jpg

^^ Yeah, I like their Chernabog better than SS version too.

I got my order in right away for the EX! Didnt' even look at pics, just ordered right away! lol
Now I can sit on it and NOW go look at the pics and decide.

I like it. I think it looks good. The color doesn't bother me. It seems to suit it in my eyes. I like both heads too.
But I prefer the straight faced one. I just don't get the different hand? Finger pointing up, finger pointing down. lol Seriously? lol Why bother with the hand exclusive. Too subtle.

I think the sculptor got confused by the Evil Queen PF. The Evil Queen was done somewhat realistically, AND to look really beautiful, because the Evil Queen is SUPPOSED to look beautiful, as the Fairest of them all. Maleficent is NOT supposed to look beautiful, but the sculptor made her look more beautiful anyway, even though beauty ISN'T part of the character. The sculptor made the nose and chin smaller, to look prettier, but also lost the character of the character in the process. With the Evil Queen, making the character more beautiful is in keeping with the premise of the character. If SS is gong to make an EX head, and one i going to look more beautiful, then the OTHER one MUST look screen accurate.

I don't care for the sculpt and it looks more "tooned" up than the Evil Queen; it's pass for me.

Well, that bust is the colour it should be to start with. I wonder if SS are reading all this, tho it's not like I haven't told them, doesn't mean they will listen tho.

Major disappointment. That doesn't look like Maleficent. Not to mention I'm pretty sure she never made that maniacal face that the exclusive edition includes. She was way too calm and collected for that, even in a rage.

What may have been my first PF is now a pass, unless they update the sculpt like they did to the Count Dooku PF.

I ordered the EX as usual, but I don't like a couple of the characteristics other folks have mentioned. I might cancel later, unless the skin tone and face are changed for the better.

Back