Maleficent PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. I am not a Disney fan, but I have a soft spot for green witches, being a huge fan of Elphaba Thropp, a.k.a. The Wicked Witch of the West. If I like the painted sculpt I will definitely try and pick up the regular edition of this piece.

Would have liked to seen a more full and complete prototype, but of what we did see, its looking fantastic. Having Maleficent and the Evil Queen side by side will be awesome, please Sideshow, don't stuff up the QC.

Good to see that the raven if part of the reg, you can see the reference drawing on the wall at the end of the video which includes one of Maleficent little side-kicks, no doubt that will be the Ex.

I don't think Maleficent is a queen. And I'm very excited about this PF.

Technically she is a fairy as she gets upset that she isn't invited like the other fairies Flora, Fauna and Merryweather.

I guess she curses the king and queen, and is not a literal queen herself. But she is an honorary Queen of Darkness or Evil or Whatever.

The line that Disney totes is that she is the Mistress of Darkness. :)

I'd also like to see maquettes done a Scar and Shere Khan.

Well we've seen through Chernabog that no matter what it looks like they'll call it a PF.

They said they're concentrating on the villains and the live action for now. The "pretty" pieces (i.e. "heroes") will come later.

I wonder if the "pretty" pieces and the Heroes will be separated or in the same pool. I'd love to get a Prince Phillip dressed to fight Maleficent or Hercules or even Tarzan before any of the Princesses but that they'll have to be woven in because that is what people are expecting to a certain degree. I also wonder when the first animal character will appear....

I would think Robin Hood if really well done would be like a Chewbacca. Sculpted fur would be fine but can you imagine if they could get "faux fur" working? That would really knock it out of the park.

I imagine Robin Hood would be easier than Chewbacca too since his fur is alot shorter. I don't know that I would want it though. I think keeping him and beast and others sculpted will make them seem more animated and less real world.

I am really excited about Maleficent and the Evil Queen. I missed out on the Evil Queen and am on the wait list, not too confident it will convert, but I will definitely shoot for Maleficent!

I imagine Robin Hood would be easier than Chewbacca too since his fur is alot shorter. I don't know that I would want it though. I think keeping him and beast and others sculpted will make them seem more animated and less real world.

I don't see them going with fur on a character like Robin Hood. As long as the costume is mixed media, I think that maintaining the look of the character would insist on having the body and head sculpted.

Dunno if it would be a viable investment, but I'm hoping for a Sark PF from Tron. Who knows with a sequel coming up...

Any ideas when this will go up for order?? From the 12 days of Christmas video, it looks like it still has a way to go. I am new to this so I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks!

It can be hard to know, even when something does look ready, delays can hit.
However, having said that, it seems SS are moving pretty fast on the 12 days list, but given that Chernabog only just went up, my guess would be around March sometime (which is when the Evil Queen is expected to ship), for Maleifcent to ship in December. Making it the usual 9 months for a PF from pre-order to ship.

It can be hard to know, even when something does look ready, delays can hit.
However, having said that, it seems SS are moving pretty fast on the 12 days list, but given that Chernabog only just went up, my guess would be around March sometime (which is when the Evil Queen is expected to ship), for Maleifcent to ship in December. Making it the usual 9 months for a PF from pre-order to ship.

Hey mate, what part of Oz do you live? I have a couple friends in Melbourne and Perth. My brother is taking holiday there in May and I am trying to talk my wife into going July 2011. :banana

I guess you could say I'm in the middle then, Adelaide.

The City of Churches! Excellent, I know a young lady at the University I work at that is from Adelaide. Which footy team do you barrack for??

Last edited:
Hate to say it, but I don't follow the footy, couldn't care less, don't pay much attention to the cricket either, so much for that classic aussie icon.....

Back