Maleficent PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Though still not perfect I think the Enesco bust has a greater likeness (and more accurate color)

900543_press01.jpg

That bust has a better skin color, but I really don't like the face there - I know it's a oxymoron, but it is too cartoony. I'd also say the same about the regular head of the PF. However I really like the exclusive head - that's how I remember her - not maniacally laughing but as cool, calculating and imperious.

And it did remind me that Disney uses the real life features of the voice actor in the character model, especially with the villains. And I definitely see Audley in the sculpt...

audley1.jpg

Eleanor_Audley_300.jpg

I dunno. I still like it. I know it's a bit cartoony, but she was an animated cartoon. Reminds me a bit of the Elvira PF, which I have and love.
SO yeah, I still like it. Yes it's cartoony, but she looks like a cartoon come to life!
I dunno.

3000261_press06-001.jpg

4566470_std.jpg
maleficent.jpg

I don't like the regular face, when compired to the shots I just gave. I have to see the EX before I can pass judgement. Her face is slender, but the PF heads don't seem that way?

Maybe her head doesn't look as slender because it's looking up a bit and the camera angle it was shot at.
Again, I still like it.
It might not be perfect, but I think most PF's rarely get it spot on perfect anyway. A "likeness" is a likeness, and that's good enough for me.
I got the Evil Queen coming and these two Beyotches are gonna look sweet together.

Speaking of Eleanor Audley, I was always very impressed with the work she and the Disney animators did with Lady Tremaine and Maleficent.

Eleanor_Audley_300.jpg
LadyTremaine.jpg

When mattel were doing their Disney Barbie line, they put out excellent versions of The Evil Queen and Maleficent. M's portrait was impressive. There's no reason Sideshow shouldn't be able to do the same and I really hope they re-do the entire portrait.

Did a quick photoshop and looks much better now ....

4294788240_a61364d778.jpg
4295002708_6bf7f40dc6.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe her head doesn't look as slender because it's looking up a bit and the camera angle it was shot at.
Again, I still like it.
It might not be perfect, but I think most PF's rarely get it spot on perfect anyway. A "likeness" is a likeness, and that's good enough for me.
I got the Evil Queen coming and these two Beyotches are gonna look sweet together.

Looks like she is related to another character entirely with this particular skin color.

The overly green color is starting to bother me. I like the subdued light green as she appeared in the movie.

Did a quick photoshop and looks much better now ....

4294788240_a61364d778.jpg
4295002708_6bf7f40dc6.jpg

i'm beginning to like her deep green skin tone. it just gives this piece a more solid appearance, compared to the pale photoshopped one. she is one of those pieces that at first, won't appeal as much, but slowly, she just grows in you. then before you know it, you love her to bits! i'm totally fine with her, will be getting this for sure. :D

just a suggestion, i think what could help with her deep green skin tone is making her eye shadow darker. this way, her green skin would appear lighter against the dark grayish purple around her eyes.

She looks amazing to me. I picked up the EX. The Green doesn't bother me as much as you guys. I do wish the Exclusive was something else though.

Did they have Avatar motion capture cameras back then? Or just talent and a pencil?

No motion capture, just talent and pencil.

I think the main problem, aside from the skin color, is the eyes. They're too slanted. Forgive me for the piss poor photoshop attempt, but I think you'll see my point.

MaleficentSSF.jpg

IMO, that looks much more like Maleficent (aside from being bright green.)

Last edited:
Back