Major League Baseball 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't mind them and I'm a Red Sox fan. They make for good baseball and I always look forward to whenever they are in town. Tickets are impossible to get when they play at Fenway.

Don't tell WEEI callers that! You're in RI, do you have an affiliate carrying it?

I can't wait to listen tomorrow to all of the Ortiz is cooked, Lowell needs to traded now, Francona's a moron, and probably Lester sucks talk that will come from the brilliant callers.:rolleyes:

We have 107.3 that carries WEEI. Most of the callers are absolute morons...You gotta laugh at their ideas for trades. It's hard listening to that station most of the time... :lol

Could somebody please tell the Brewers that the season has officially started and these games count now? :banghead

:banghead:banghead:banghead

After the Brewers lose to the cubs by not using a situational lefty when the situation dictated, they decide to send said situational lefty down to the minors to make room for Jeff F'n Suppan on the roster so he can pitch against a division rival even though the team's #1 starter is ready thanks to the off day.

Gallardo will make his next start against the Nationals.

I'm done.

Worst season ever.

After the Brewers lose to the cubs by not using a situational lefty when the situation dictated, they decide to send said situational lefty down to the minors to make room for Jeff F'n Suppan on the roster so he can pitch against a division rival even though the team's #1 starter is ready thanks to the off day.

Gallardo will make his next start against the Nationals.

I'm done.

Worst season ever.

The NL Central has been a general joke. My Astros finally won a game last week ... blah. The Cubs are awful. The wheels have fallen off the Brewers. Reds are terrible. The Pirates have a winning record ... which will last another week at best.

St. Louis is the only Central team worth a damn ... and that's mostly because Albert Pujols may very well be the best right-handed hitter this planet has ever known.

SnakeDoc

2yjr9mo.jpg

St. Louis is the only Central team worth a damn ... and that's mostly because Albert Pujols may very well be the best right-handed hitter this planet has ever known.

SnakeDoc

Well, they have some pretty good players besides him but yes he is one of the best right handed hitters we've seen and IMO if he keeps it up one of the best hitters period.

Well, they have some pretty good players besides him but yes he is one of the best right handed hitters we've seen and IMO if he keeps it up one of the best hitters period.

ph_williams_index.jpg

Ted here would probably respectfully disagree with you.;) Too bad the world will never know what his numbers would have been like without WWII and the Korean War.

As for Pujols, he's pretty decent.:D

ph_williams_index.jpg

Ted here would probably respectfully disagree with you.;) Too bad the world will never know what his numbers would have been like without WWII and the Korean War.

As for Pujols, he's pretty decent.:D

I'm not knocking Teddy Ball Game by any means. He is one of the best hitters ever. I agree with you his numbers would have been greater if he had not fought for his country. However, as of right now Pujols has a pace that would eclipse so many of the greats. Now, we'll see if he can keep it up or if teams adjust and start pitching to him less.

Either way I'd let either guy hit for me with me down to my last strike in the 9th.

Pujols is great, probably the greatest of the 2000's but I have a hard time comparing anyone to the greats of the prior eras. The pitching is ridiculously poor right now because there are so many teams. The 3-5 starting pitchers of most teams wouldn't even make it past the minors back then when there were only 20 teams or so.

Hey Prog any local news info on this?

(CNN) -- Colorado Rockies President Keli McGregor was found dead Tuesday morning in a Salt Lake City, Utah, hotel, police said.

Police received a call shortly before 9 a.m. that a man was found unconscious in a hotel room. Medics tried to revive him.

The cause of the death is unknown

Hey Prog any local news info on this?

(CNN) -- Colorado Rockies President Keli McGregor was found dead Tuesday morning in a Salt Lake City, Utah, hotel, police said.

Police received a call shortly before 9 a.m. that a man was found unconscious in a hotel room. Medics tried to revive him.

The cause of the death is unknown

Wow! Had not heard of it. I'll look into it.

Nothing really specific to report in McGregor's death. The Rockies run a really tight and clean ship. Character is a really resounding attribute of the organization and that really came from the top. So I'm really hoping there was nothing drug related in his death.

Pujols is great, probably the greatest of the 2000's but I have a hard time comparing anyone to the greats of the prior eras. The pitching is ridiculously poor right now because there are so many teams. The 3-5 starting pitchers of most teams wouldn't even make it past the minors back then when there were only 20 teams or so.

The guy can hit. He could hit back then too. The talent is there so I have no problems saying he should end up being among the all time greats if he stays on his current path.

Back