Major League Baseball 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a Giants fan... I'm sure the pitching will be good but they'll need a few players to have career years with the bat to be an NL power. If the division can be won with 90 games I think we'll be right there though.

Love the pitching, and if you can get nice output of of some every day players - 90 wins is very attainable. And you guys will be able to stay with the LAD. No one will run away with anything out there...

Love the pitching, and if you can get nice output of of some every day players - 90 wins is very attainable. And you guys will be able to stay with the LAD. No one will run away with anything out there...

The Rockies COULD be damn good... at the very least they're the most balanced team in that division. My main worry is defense with the Giants. It would seem that by trying to add a bit more punch they may well have gotten worse in the field.

Molina, though a former GG'er, is a bit stiff now
Huff was a DH for years for a reason... just horrible
Once Sanchez returns he will be solid at 2nd
Renteria has NO range
Pablo is surprisingly good at third
The outfield is decent with Rowand and Scherholtz but De Rosa is really more of an infielder, so who knows there.

Anyway, too many bad gloves on a pitching heavy team could spell disaster.

Also, for those who get a chance, try watching Johnathan Sanchez pitch. If he can locate his pitches over the course of a year he'll be one of the nastiest, filthiest lefties in the league.... I'm really hoping he puts it together as I honestly think he can be as nasty as Lincecum.

my Phils are making the Nats look silly right now.

Not hard to do though :lol

Phillies-Logo.gif

I still can't believe the Phils traded CLIFF LEE. He's on the DL...right?

Yankees going to win it again!

Baseball needs a salary cap. Until it gets one to level the playing field most of the rest of the league will be the Yankees, Red Sox and Mets farm teams. There are other teams with larger payrolls too, but these teams just continue to steal everyone elses talent and I'm a Red Sox fan, but still tired of it.

As a Rockies fan I don't mind when other teams actually spend money to improve them. What I would rather have than a cap is nonguaranteed contracts like in football. The ability to cut a player that is not performing would help poorer teams recoup money from bad investments which could then be spent on better more competitive players.

Baseball needs a salary cap. Until it gets one to level the playing field most of the rest of the league will be the Yankees, Red Sox and Mets farm teams. There are other teams with larger payrolls too, but these teams just continue to steal everyone elses talent and I'm a Red Sox fan, but still tired of it.

I totally agree. The Indians are now a farm team, which is sad.

PFFT...

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

:points and laughs:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA...

Oh God, my tummy hurts...

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Ok, ok...

Baseball will never have a cap, and the MLBPA will never buckle. It's the strongest union in America and that's it.

If you are a fan of the Sox or other major market teams -- ENJOY it. Hope your owners spend the money right and get what they need. The small market clubs can go screw. I don't feel bad for KC, PITT or FLA - those owners have money to spend. AND MANY TIMES THEY DONT. Heck, it took some noting by MLB to get the Marlins to finally spend some cash - and they did, locking up a few young players. SO, spend the money. Some of these owners are notoriously cheap, sure they dnt generate the monster revenue the Yanks can, as NY has been revolutionary with their network and marketing, and bringing in the dollars the way they have.

BUT THEY SPEND IT. Whether you like it or not, whether it takes them X-amount of dollars to attain a championship, they give their fans quality and chase the best.

I point and laugh at those fans that have horrible owners, cheap owners and life in markets where they have a joke of a franchise.

Those are the rules - live with it. NO cap, no problem...

Spend the money!

The Indians are cheap. They could have kept CC early on by showing him the money. They didnt, go screw. It happened with A.Belle and others. You had a great ballpark, that was new, generating sell out after sell out after sell out, your in a good market and the owners couldnt pony up? Heck, those teams with Alomar/Baerga, Belle, Thome, Lofton et. that were fun to watch - you trying to tell me they didnt generate money back then?

I have no pity...

PFFT...

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA...

Ok, ok...

Baseball will never have a cap, and the MLBPA will never buckle. It's the strongest union in America and that's it.

If you are a fan of the Sox or other major market teams -- ENJOY it. Hope your owners spend the money right and get what they need. The small market clubs can go screw. I don't feel bad for KC, PITT or FLA - those owners have money to spend. AND MANY TIMES THEY DONT. Heck, it took some noting by MLB to get the Marlins to finally spend some cash - and they did, locking up a few young players. SO, spend the money. Some of these owners are notoriously cheap, sure they dnt generate the monster revenue the Yanks can, as NY has been revolutionary with their network and marketing, and bringing in the dollars the way they have.

BUT THEY SPEND IT. Whether you like it or not, whether it takes them X-amount of dollars to attain a championship, they give their fans quality and chase the best.

I point and laugh at those fans that have horrible owners, cheap owners and life in markets where they have a joke of a franchise.

Spend the money!

The Indians are cheap. They could have kept CC early on by showing him the money. They didnt, go screw. It happened with A.Belle and others. You had a great ballpark, that was new, generating sell out after sell out after sell out, your in a good market and the owners couldnt pony up? Heck, those teams with Alomar/Baerga, Belle, Thome, Lofton et. that were fun to watch - you trying to tell me they didnt generate money back then?

I have no pity...

Different owner back then know it all. The new owner doesn't get to keep the old owner's money.

Go screw......nice. You should follow that example.

A salary cap is an interesting thought, but the MLBPA would NEVER go for it.

Also, what would the cap be? 150-125 million?

A salary cap is an interesting thought, but the MLBPA would NEVER go for it.

Also, what would the cap be? 150-125 million?

Probably too high. The high end should be close to $85 mill, which is reasonable and high enough to continue the spendage, but not so high that it will strain the lower end clubs. Also, if there is a cap, there should be a bottom, and no team should be under lets say, $65 mill.

That is fair, distributes that money a tad better, and revenue sharing would help, i.e the NFL, but again...

All of this is a pipe dream with the MLBPA.

PFFT...

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA...

Ok, ok...

Spend the money!

I have no pity...

Sigh, I hate to agree with this but its true, spend money to make money. Some of teh owners are content with just turning a profit, they dont really care about the one field product, they view it as an investment.

Back