Major League Baseball 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's going to be a long wait for October so we can see that Red Sox vs. Phillies World Series the world was denied back in '08.:impatient:

PHuk off Philly! :lol

I admire the Phillies ownership for being willing to spend the bank. I look forward to another Rox-Phils playoff series, its our turn though.

120 is too high, i change my mind, but i think 110 is doable.

even if they have a few injuries the lineup and pitching is soo deep.

they are going to be favorites all year. lots of teams gunning for them. i'd love to see them fall short though. :lol

this is karma for the Yankees for insulting Jeter. tell him to test the market dumb Ca$hman didnt even know he was getting played in the market by Red Sux and Phillies.

this is karma for the Yankees for insulting Jeter. tell him to test the market dumb Ca$hman didnt even know he was getting played in the market by Red Sux and Phillies.

Jeter deserved a dose of reality. He's not nearly worth what the Yankees are going to pay him. The silence from the 29 other GMs was pretty deafening.

Jeter deserved a dose of reality. He's not nearly worth what the Yankees are going to pay him. The silence from the 29 other GMs was pretty deafening.

:lecture I've been saying that for a couple seasons now.

~~On a side note. It sucks that Crawford went to the Red Sox, but I'm happy for him because he'd never get nearly that much in Tampa.

paying a pitcher high price rarely works out, Zito and Hamilton are great examples. Pitchers arent even everyday players and one pitcher doesnt make the same impact on a season as a great hitter. Philly lost Worth, which is a huge loss for them on offense. Giants prolly wont be there next year cause they refuse to get any serious talent on offense, but Baseball is so impossible to predict even when it looks like 2 or 3 teams have all the talent in the league. Boston looks stacked though on paper, so if i had to choose an AL team, i would choose them. NL will be wide open imo.

paying a pitcher high price rarely works out, Zito and Hamilton are great examples. Pitchers arent even everyday players and one pitcher doesnt make the same impact on a season as a great hitter. Philly lost Worth, which is a huge loss for them on offense. Giants prolly wont be there next year cause they refuse to get any serious talent on offense, but Baseball is so impossible to predict even when it looks like 2 or 3 teams have all the talent in the league. Boston looks stacked though on paper, so if i had to choose an AL team, i would choose them. NL will be wide open imo.

I think the reds will be back in the post season. we didn't lose anybody

the other GMs didn't offer anything because they knew he only wanted to play for the Yankees

Yankees did him wrong, if you mean reality this is his worth

https://www.steinersports.com/derek-jeter-game-used-sock

They did him wrong? By offering 3/$45 as a starting point? This isn't 1999 Jeter. They're wildly overpaying for an old player who looks like he's ready to take a sharp decline if his 2010 numbers ring true.

I agree with Gren...The Yanks overpaid like they normally do. Jeter needs the Yankees like the Yankees need Jeter. He clearly wasn't going anywhere. I'm just happy to see other teams step out and grab some decent talent this offseason.

Back