Major League Baseball 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sigh, I hate to agree with this but its true, spend money to make money. Some of teh owners are content with just turning a profit, they dont really care about the one field product, they view it as an investment.

In some ways, yes, but you can't expect an owner to bankrupt himself paying Arod or Manny kind of money for alot of players. Maybe that works in NY but it wouldn't in some of the other cities.

Cleveland's owner is a cheap bastard in alot of ways, but at the same time, he offered good money to keep Thome and Manny, but they got even more from other teams. I don't blame him for those. There is no player loyalty anymore. I learned that the hard way with Thome. Right up to the time he left for Philly, he claimed that "They will have to rip the uniform from my back" only to have Philly wave alittle more money and off he went. Bastard!

Where Dolan (Cleveland's owner) pisses me off is giving away good players that are coming up for contract renewal without even making them offers. Then getting just money or some minor leaguer for that player. Coming up for a new contract? Boom......you're gone! Grady to the Yankees or Sox soon. :mad:

Rant over. :lol

Probably too high. The high end should be close to $85 mill, which is reasonable and high enough to continue the spendage, but not so high that it will strain the lower end clubs.

$85 Mill... that means the Yankees would only have 4 players on their team. Actually that sounds pretty good to me. :)

Randy Levine was whining about Mark Attanasio frequently citing the Yankees whenever discussing the economics of baseball:

https://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=5060292

But really, how can you not mention the Yankees when discussing baseball economics? Wadda ******. :monkey4

My fave part of the article is when it's pointed out that A-Rod will be making about the same as the entire Pittsburgh Pirates team. :rotfl

^^^Well....as much as I hate the Yankees and the Red Sox, there are no rules or salary caps so can you blame them for spending whatever is necessary to win????

~~On a side note---- GO RAYS!!!! Suck it Baltimore!!!!

^^^Well....as much as I hate the Yankees and the Red Sox, there are no rules or salary caps so can you blame them for spending whatever is necessary to win????

No you can't. But when Mark A. is asked why Fielder isn't locked up with a huge contract yet, how is he supposed to answer? Levine is whining about a non-issue.

I guess that makes me whining about whining about a non-issue. :lol:duh

How much have the Yankees and Red Sox handed over to other teams in revenue sharing?? Over 200 million dollars? Where has that money gone? Maybe baseball should start an investigation or a committee to ensure that money is spent on buying players.

How much have the Yankees and Red Sox handed over to other teams in revenue sharing?? Over 200 million dollars? Where has that money gone? Maybe baseball should start an investigation or a committee to ensure that money is spent on buying players.

Exactly, thats why the cheapos dont care, they make a smaller profit and dont have to spend millions more.

I think baseball is fine where it is

Huge win for my M's today. Man that offense looks a little pathetic but hopefully that late comback will spark them now.

I take it you're not a Kansas City fan. :lol

Sometimes its brutal living here. :lol We've got some good young talent but we refuse to go get really anyone already really good to help them out. Kind of sucks.

That being said I have my Cards I can cheer for and I love watching them. They do a great job of doing exactly what KC won't do. Plus they have the best hitter in baseball.

Sometimes its brutal living here. :lol We've got some good young talent but we refuse to go get really anyone already really good to help them out. Kind of sucks.

That being said I have my Cards I can cheer for and I love watching them. They do a great job of doing exactly what KC won't do. Plus they have the best hitter in baseball.

Sounds like the Indians. We play KC alot and they've had some pretty good young talent. Buck, their catcher, always reminds me of the kid in the movie Mask.

:monkey3

Sounds like the Indians. We play KC alot and they've had some pretty good young talent. Buck, their catcher, always reminds me of the kid in the movie Mask.

:monkey3

Oh yeah, Get to see the tribe several times a year. Buck was a good guy to have behind the plate. They let him go and I think he's with the Jays.

Back to .500! I'm not sure if Ellsbury has damaged vocal cords or something. Open your mouth out there! Hopefully he doesn't have broken ribs.

Back