Logan (2017) Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt Hot Toys will release a Logan movie figure. There's just not much in the way of a costume or accessories here.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a unlicensed figure get made though...

The lack of accessories didn't stop them from making a DOFP figure, though.

He had a suit though. I'm not sure there's going to be anything beyond a dirty shirt and khakis for this one.

It'd be funny if HT did release a figure with messed up clothes and charged $220 for it. :p

HT did pay for Hugh Jackman's likeness rights though right? I wouldn't be surprised if they did do a figure from this film.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He had a suit though. I'm not sure there's going to be anything beyond a dirty shirt and khakis for this one.

It'd be funny if HT did release a figure with messed up clothes and charged $220 for it. :p

We don't know there's not a costume in the film. We have like 4 minutes of footage from a 1.5 hour movie. In the comics he donned a suit to compensate for his healing factor being out, and there's clearly a time he wore a suit based on the comic x-23 had...and trust me Jackman loves the costume. He would don it in a second. He has a custom classic wolverine cowl he got himself from a well known person and he displays it in his house. I'd be surprised, if this is his last film (which I doubt) if he doesn't wear a costume. And given the success of the costume from deadpool and Ryan Reynolds bragging about it that's even more motivation for Jackman.

I would think, just my opinion, that actually showing Jackman in a Wolverine costume would play against the aesthetic of the movie, especially after seeing the X-Men comic book scene online. It would seem odd to establish that comic book look as unreal to this world just to have him wear a mask later in the flick, or even in a flashback. Even though this is a basic civilian look for the character I still say its unique enough to warrant a figure. But as others have posted earlier this could all be much ado about nothing if there's a rights thing going on behind the scenes. I don't recall if Disney owned Wolverine when the last Hot Toys figure was released, maybe its a different ball game now.

I would think, just my opinion, that actually showing Jackman in a Wolverine costume would play against the aesthetic of the movie, especially after seeing the X-Men comic book scene online. It would seem odd to establish that comic book look as unreal to this world just to have him wear a mask later in the flick, or even in a flashback. Even though this is a basic civilian look for the character I still say its unique enough to warrant a figure. But as others have posted earlier this could all be much ado about nothing if there's a rights thing going on behind the scenes. I don't recall if Disney owned Wolverine when the last Hot Toys figure was released, maybe its a different ball game now.

I agree. If Hugh Jackman wore the Wolverine costume in the Logan movie, it would look very silly. I go against him wearing the costume in the movie. I think his future gear in DOFP had some of the colors of the costume. If they have him wear something like that, it would be cool.

Sent from my SM-N910S using Tapatalk

I find it funny people are saying it won't be made due to no costume.

Uh... black suit? Plaid shirt and jeans? Do those count as costumes?

C'mon now folks.

I'm with the others that say this movie doesn't seem appropriate for the first time he puts on the classic comic suit... That being said, it seems like something Fox would do.

I'd still rather have a weapon-x figure from Apocalypse than any other wolverine.

I find it funny people are saying it won't be made due to no costume.

Uh... black suit? Plaid shirt and jeans? Do those count as costumes?

C'mon now folks.

The problem is HT is stubbornly determined to set their prices at 230-260 no matter what. DOFP Wolvie was 250 with no accessories but some were able to justify it because of the 'elaborate costume'. It gets hard to justify when the figure is just a guy in a suit with some extra hands. At some point you have to admit they're ripping you off when they've sold other figures with way more in the box for the same price. When Falcon is 230 and Wolvie is 250 but Falcon has a ton of extras :dunno

Of course a 'man in suit' would sell if it was 150-180 but HT doesn't want to do that. They don't even know what those numbers mean anymore. All that information has been replaced with the names of different Iron Man suits and Stormtrooper variants.

That is a reasonable response- saying "I doubt they'll make it because there is no costume" when right now with Wolverine figures its 50/50 (2 in Costume 2 No Costume) is just absurd.

Im guessing the will make a Logan figure. And it will be 250 and have no accessories. If I recall, they never announced the Days of Future Past license. Just dropped the figure out of no where long after the film. it was a convention exclusive raffle/lottery thing. And then Sideshow got it.

The problem is HT is stubbornly determined to set their prices at 230-260 no matter what. DOFP Wolvie was 250 with no accessories but some were able to justify it because of the 'elaborate costume'. It gets hard to justify when the figure is just a guy in a suit with some extra hands. At some point you have to admit they're ripping you off when they've sold other figures with way more in the box for the same price. When Falcon is 230 and Wolvie is 250 but Falcon has a ton of extras :dunno

Of course a 'man in suit' would sell if it was 150-180 but HT doesn't want to do that. They don't even know what those numbers mean anymore. All that information has been replaced with the names of different Iron Man suits and Stormtrooper variants.

I don't feel ripped off because it doesn't have a bunch of crap I hardly ever use. 99% of the accessories that come with any figure stay in the box and the other 1% get used very little. And it's NEVER enough for a large section of people. They could include two heads, five hands, four guns, a deluxe base and someone's complaining.

Dofp had little accessories, but there was nothing really missing. He didn't have a gun or a sword. You couldn't do a second outfit with the suit he had. It was an accurate representation of him in the film.

The wolverine figure had two full outfits, a sword, bone and metal claws and people STILL complained.

They do a deluxe base and people complain it's to big(mk45). They do a small plain base and people complain (mk5). They do two options, one deluxe and one more plain (mk42 1/4) and people complain. They do a head with full expression and people complain (1st Harley figure), then they do one with a static expression (2nd Harley figure) and people complain.

They make Vision under 215-220 and people complain. They make third generation black widow cheaper then the previous (and Hawkeyes I think) and Cap and people complain.

It's literally impossible to be ripped off if you know exactly what your getting months before you get it and you still buy it. If you don't buy it because you don't like the price you also are not getting ripped off.

A Logan figure from this movie at that price (assuming its a quality sculpt) would sell like gangbusters. Never going to happen, I get it. I'm just a fan of the full beard look and had hoped to see something by now. Maybe this weekend's Toy Fair will have some surprises. Hell, a Logan, X-23, Xavier threefer would rock!

Press reviews have been coming in and so far so good. Either way I'm really looking forward to seeing this film.

And as I pray to the 1/6 Gods tonight, I'll be asking for a battle damaged Logan:pray:

58884645a14b5.jpg
l4.jpg
logan.jpg
Last image is just because he looks Badass!

Back