Kyle Reese - NECA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the gun the Terminator uses at the end of the film.

400px-Model15a.jpg

:dunno CSM101 is right, they gave him the weapons from the Police shootout scene even though thats not what the figure is based on. The figure is from the scene where he gets ran over by the truck.

True but technically he didn't have the pistol either at this point. It was certainly the more recent weapon he used but he lost it in the motorcycle crash.

True but technically he didn't have the pistol either at this point. It was certainly the more recent weapon he used but he lost it in the motorcycle crash.

Yep. Im just saying it wouldve made more since to give us the last weapon he used, instead of the weapons we already have.

Still looks like a great figure, i'll be getting him and Reese. I could care less about the T-1000.

Yeah I'm looking forward to them, I wonder how many waves NECA have left. They're running out of T-800s - T-800s being the common factor in all waves I think. Theres only the eye surgery T-800 but that would look awkward if they just reused the same legs. And yet theres at least two other Kyle Reese they could do - from the end of the film and the future 'flashback'. Plus T2 Sarah if there was ever any truth to that rumour. They seem to insist on a T-800 to help carry every wave so I wonder if any of those will come to pass if theres no T-800s left to make.

people are too critical on this website. Reese looks great. NECA has the rights to Biehn's likeness for The Terminator and I think it looks a lot like him. In general, we need to realize that for a 7 inch scale figure it is extremely hard to sculpt a face. NECA does a fantastic job giving us characters from our favorite films with their likeness and movie accurate clothing and accessories for an awesome price. Reese looks like Biehn, not perfect, but when would we have thought we would get a Reese again after the original HOt Toys. Now, hopefully HOt Toys makes a 84 and 2029 Reese. at a 12 inch scale we can really get a full captured Biehn likeness with every detail. I will be buying multiples of this Reese. One to open, one to display in package and others to hold on too just in case on breaks and/or to resell in the future since this piece will probably be the one that is worth the most a few years from now from NECA's terminator line

Back when I was on Spawn, a forum dedicated to small, not up to HT scale figures, we still bashed the hell out NECA when they dun goofed.

Doesn't matter if they're not as expensive as HT, they can pull off a likeness, but more often then not, it doesn't work, or the paint is beyond awful.

I've been buying NECA figures since their Freddy Vs. Jason box set. So....I know the drill.

When a Weapon exists, they are not a Problem for Neca to make the T-800 with his last Weapon.

Neca please pack the last Weapon to the T-800 an pack second broken arms and legs to the freezed T-1000.

@sgt. Reese, i think people not to critical.
Think on the earlyer neca Figures with a lot mor accesories like Cult Classics Endoskeletton, Ash ore the T3 McFarlane Figures.

the pants should be all ripped up, but instead of resculpting they took the cheap root and just dirtied the paint, but thats ok.

sdcc2012_neca_59.jpg

I am not going to twist the knife by labouring anew a point that has already been made countless times, but I can't help feeling strongly disappointed by this Kyle Reese figure. This is the figure I've been expecting for the longest time, secretly hoping NECA would answer my prayers and, after my frustration at seeing it had not made it at Toy Fair, I was thrilled when they finally anounced it. I had good faith in it too, all their T1 figures were awesome, and the T2 figures also ranked up there. But now ... Kyle's face is way off, his expression makes him look like a dumbass rather than the hero we all cherish, and his coat is not dark enough. I do hope this is really a prototype and that, when it hits the shelves, it will be a little more satisfying and true to Michael Biehn (who might as well have said no for his figure, since it doesn't look like him at all).

I really don't know what it is with Neca: sometimes they nail the likenesses spot on (T1 Arnold looks amazingly faithful) and other times they seem to miss it altogether (and, when they issued T2 figures, Arnold's face was not as perfect already - why ?). A shame, if you ask me.

Erratum: Okay, maybe I got a little carried over but I have to say that the picture Neca posted doesn't do the figure justice - I don't know if this a matter of vantage point and angle, but it definitely looks better when viewed from the side. Look it up on YouTube; there's a video of Neca's SDCC and you can peruse the figure up close from different angles, and there you have a better-looking Kyle Reese. Not perfect, mind you, but still an improvement over the deceiving picture we all eagerly bashed on as soon as it hit the web. It is even apparent on the picture Lord Freezer posted, it's not as bad as it first looked. Hopefully, they will use the time they have to try and touch it up a little, let's keep our fingers crossed (I still think the coat is a shade too light, and that the hair is ... I don't know, kinda weird if you see what I mean).

Last edited:
Am I the only one who likes the sculpt on this figure? Seriously, the likeness isn't too bad, and the expression, that's downright Biehn imo.

Yeah, I guess you just kind of get over it after a while, but it takes some getting used to. It's not one of those figures where it's an instant "Wow" of awe and amazement, as much as a "Yeah, well, not to bad I suppose". The expression being downright Biehn strikes me as a little exaggerated though, I know this guy's face inside out (yeah, love T1) and there's a little something missing, in the mouth and jaw - he has that kind of emaciated, salient facial structure the figure somewhat lacks. But as I said, I guess we'll have to wait and see for the final result, let's just hope NECA will not leave it at that.

I really don't know what it is with Neca: sometimes they nail the likenesses spot on (T1 Arnold looks amazingly faithful) and other times they seem to miss it altogether (and, when they issued T2 figures, Arnold's face was not as perfect already - why ?). A shame, if you ask me.

You didn't like the T2 Arnie likeness? To this day I think its one of the best we've ever seen. The hair and general headshape are definitely done better than any other company high end or low end.

Oh, it's not that I didn't like it, I thought it was pretty cool. I just think - but maybe it's just me - that it was a slight step down from the T1 Arnie likeness, which I found was close to perfection: the hair, the metallic, fear-inducing tinge of the jaw, the remorseless expression, just what I wanted to see on a T1 figure. Now, you could argue that Arnie himself had, somehow, changed in T2, and you'd be right. But again, that's only my subjective opinion, maybe my judgement is clouded by my liking T1 so much. And you're right about one thing, NECA's rendition of the T-800 from T2 is the best around, even in comparison to some other high-end, and expensive, figures.

Well I'm not saying that its definitively the best around but I certainly think it got things right on the head and neck sculpt, things that are important to me, that the high end companies didn't. And thats kind of frustrating since its low-end.

I think you're right about the T1 likeness, with exception of the Police shootout, I think the headsculpts have been great likenesses. I don't know what happened with the police shootout but I've had it for some months now and I just haven't gotten used to it, it still looks as off as when I first saw it. The others are nailed IMO. In the beginning some people weren't favorable towards the Tech Noir sculpt but I really think they were allowing the poor paint apps affect how they saw the actual sculpting work...as people often do with NECA. (which is not to suggest that this is the case with Reese here, like most people I think its off aswell, regardless of paint - not as bad as the first pic but still off)

Last edited:
For sure, the quality of NECA's figures is not proportionate to their price tag: for less than $25 you've got great renditions of your favorite heroes, with a more-often-than-not exceptionnal attention to detail. This is why, bar the few slips here and there (be it paint jobs - although it was never that blatant on my figures - or missed likenesses), I still hold NECA in high esteem; they try to provide decent to good figures for a reasonnable cost.

Funny how opinions can diverge, I find the Police Shoutout T800 to be my absolute favorite, although I also dig the Tech Noir one but, once again, feel the face to be a little bit off. It also has another flaw which, to me, is more annoying: the way they made the Uzi - albeit very true to the movie - makes it almost impossible to place it in the T800's hand, not without an akward position, that is. The extension for shoulder aiming, whatever the name of that thing is, always comes in the way of the arm, but I guess it's the price to pay for being true to the movie. I end up never using it, but I guess I prefer the Colt 45 anyway. Still, even if we appreciate the various figures differently, it's always great to discuss what we like or not about it !

Back