Kyle Reese - NECA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, but they NAILED the Hudson likeness...so they should have been able to get the Reese likeness right.

Yep, that's what I mentionned earlier, it is perplexing how they can produce an outstanding sculpt on some of their figures and every now and then, for some reason, they will issue a debatable figure likeness-wise. This is something I don't understand: if you have a talent for singling out a person's most salient features, and reproducing them on a figure, then why should this talent waver at times? Why sculpt a perfect T800 but screw up Kyle Reese? Although having created their fair share of awesome figures, NECA also has had some serious issues with some of their previous sculpts (their rendition of John McClane was downright horrible - if you see Bruce Willis in this figure well then I don't know how you do it). Randy's tweet being pretty self-explanatory, I too am afraid that they will not change anything to Reese, something I once again cannot fathom: why perfect Hicks and not Reese ?

They favour Hicks because he is probably not as far in production therefore cheaper and easier to fix then Reese.

Hmmm, I see ... Well, too bad, but what can we ultimately do about it? Even mass negative feedback won't make them change a thing because they must know - and they wouldn't be entirely wrong - that a lot of us are going to buy it anyway, so why bother?

1. Negative feedback an all neca Adresses(Necaonline, twitter,SSC, Facebook).

2. Do not buy Reese.

Yes is a Problem to fix this Figure.
the Release is an few monts.

But this is not the last Reese Figure.

Neca can make a ultimate Hicks wuth a secon Accesorry like Dynamite and a revisted Facesculpt.

A 2029 Hicks are planned.
Ore this Figure have two head, so You can use one head for the 1984 Reese.

A 2029 Hicks are planned.
Ore this Figure have two head, so You can use one head for the 1984 Reese.

That's just what I was thinking - if they somehow manage to scult a better Hicks, and provided both Reese and Hicks have the ball-jointed head system - like it's usually the case - then maybe we could just swap heads. Of course, we would have to own two Hicks figures or, like you say, use the second head if there is one. However, there might be a slight problem with that one - if they go with the fully-equipped Hicks, they might glue his ear microphone directly on the head sculpt, which, arguably, would look awfully ouy of place on the 1984 Reese figure.

And the hair does not fit.
In addition, Hicks has no Scars.

No, there must be a new Reese.

Neca could really make a new Reese.

There are often post production.
Or a 2-pack.
Or will pack the 2029 Hicks with 2 heads.
Reese have an Cap in this Scene. The Second Heat without the Cap are for the 1984 Reese.

So can Neca solve this Problem .

Kyle_Reese_Pkg.jpg

Tanker_Pursuit_pkg.jpg

T_1000_Nitro_pkg.jpg

I'll still buy it in hopes that NECA will make what I really want a 2029 Reese.. I still will enjoy 1984 Reese just because it is Reese aka Michael Biehn.
Most of all, I just want Hicks. I hope they really kick ass making Hicks and what NECA stated a second variant. That will be my Holy Grail of my collection

Reese dont look like micheal biehn.
The T-1000 looks boring without broken limbs.
And I hope the T-800 have glossy sunglasses.

Dumb, they come without the Revolver from this Scene.

i'm not interested in reese, but i hope it turns out looking better in person,then in the pictures i've seen, for those wanting him.

Reese dont look like micheal biehn.
The T-1000 looks boring without broken limbs.
And I hope the T-800 have glossy sunglasses.

Dumb, they come without the Revolver from this Scene.

yer very disappointed theres no revolver, will have to get one from another figure.

im happy with reese, first neca hummen terminator figure and second hummen terminator figure in my collection very exiting!!!!!:panic:

wont get the t1000 because the arms aren't broken ec

Terminator-Series-3-Kyle-Reese_1348832591.jpg

loving the little pic and rope:clap

i think there should be some yellow on his pants to?

I can't really tell how bad or good the Reese head is from that small pic.

From the pic size the head does look like Hasbro's old Star Wars Farmboy Luke figures, open mouth, pointy nose and all.

There was a pic a while back that I thought was sufficient for Biehn. It might have been this one,

SDCC12NECATrmntrS3.jpg

2922vko.jpg

Back