NECA - Ultimate Alex Murphy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike86

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I thought there was a NECA Robocop thread but I couldn’t find it. If there is a mod can feel free to merge but saw this on Facebook earlier and it’s pretty cool.

IMG_2944.jpeg
IMG_2943.jpeg

Excellent, preorders should be up soon then.

Likeness is.....OK. Mainly I'm just glad they've at least now made as much as Hot Toys did for the line.

Yeah, likeness isn’t the best I agree. Still though it’s a pretty cool release. Oh also one perk- if you get it from NECA directly the first 475 people get a Peter Weller autograph.

Torn on this one. Definitely want an Officer Murphy. Battle damage (well...that's not accurate is it. Dude isn't "damaged"...he's straight up horrifically MURDERED) options are cool.

But. The scale. It's not the right scale.

All my RoboCops are MAFEX now. The NECA Robos are obsolete. The only NECA item still in my collection is ED.

I WANT this dude, but I can't have him towering a good inch or so over RoboCop.

Should have kept your NECA Robos then bro.

Likeness is more like a caricature, but I’m happy they made him. With regular Robocop, spring holster Robocop, Robocop 2 with Jetpack and gun arm, Battle Damaged Robocop, Robocop unmasked, the chair, ED-209 and now Alex Murphy, the line feels finally complete.

Clarance would be cool, maybe 20 years from now.

Torn on this one. Definitely want an Officer Murphy. Battle damage (well...that's not accurate is it. Dude isn't "damaged"...he's straight up horrifically MURDERED) options are cool.

But. The scale. It's not the right scale.

All my RoboCops are MAFEX now. The NECA Robos are obsolete. The only NECA item still in my collection is ED.

I WANT this dude, but I can't have him towering a good inch or so over RoboCop.
Would you consider buying the most recent Ultimate Robocops? They're probably still around. IMO the chair is worth it at least. I thought you had that.

I wanted to get the chair for my Mafex, but I'm still out of work and broke so I can't just pick up as many toys as I used to.

The chair is garbage, like anything NECA does. I have two chairs. Both don‘t stand flat, one tire is always hovering above the ground. The second chair also is so crooked, I wouldn‘t buy that for a dollar. And don‘t get me started on their Robocops. Utter trash. The only thing ultimate is the price point.

I still have NECA‘s ED, but it‘s all wrong colourwise. Still hoping for Mafex or Hiya 1/12 to throw it out.

Harsh words. I dunno, I guess because I have the Mafex stuff I can tolerate the shortcomings of NECAs Robocops and I'm a bit of a Robocop completist so I have those and even still have the McFarlane Movie Maniacs 7 figure which is inferior even to NECA's.

But yes I've made the point myself that the Ultimate Robocops should have had an overall brand new sculpt with brand new engineering. They cheaped out for sure.

TBH McFarlane‘s Robocop>NECA. At least sculpt and quality wise. One can’t even make the point that NECA is making toys, they‘re 100% collector oriented. So no excuse there. They’re just cheap, making cheap stuff.

But in all fairness, Mafex blows Hot Toys out of the water, too.

To me, these figures look like stuff they've had ready to go for years. For reasons known only to them, they've chosen to sit on them. When you look at the Universal line, it's hard to believe this is the same company. They're well designed, well sculpted and well painted. These Robocop figures are none of that.

"We need to put something out that's not Universal monsters! Whatcha got!?"

"Well, there's this Murphy we've been sitting on..."

"Do it!"

Yeah, likeness isn’t the best I agree. Still though it’s a pretty cool release. Oh also one perk- if you get it from NECA directly the first 475 people get a Peter Weller autograph.

Sold out within a couple minutes at NECA.

$120 after shipping and taxes.

Peter Weller charges around $60-ish for his autograph at conventions (and the figure costs $35 retail) so i guess the price is about appropriate at $100.

Still its nuts to think (in comparison) I only paid $400 for the 2 Pack Hot Toys (1:6 scale Murphy and diecast Battle Damaged Robocop) - granted, this was 10-years ago.

Last edited:
Missed it entirely. I take it a non-autographed version will be up for order at some point? I'm out of the loop on these things since Randy abandoned twitter (and then so did I).

Missed it entirely. I take it a non-autographed version will be up for order at some point? I'm out of the loop on these things since Randy abandoned twitter (and then so did I).
I had the same thought. I don't care for the signature. I'd like the figure just to have a Murphy in the collection.

Target listed Murphy at $35 on their website a few days ago but it’s been “sold out” every time I check.

I follow a handful of YouTube collector channels, otherwise I’d be completely be out of the loop. I used to miss all the PO releases prior to this.

Back