1:9 NECA - THANKSGIVING: John Carver Retro Cloth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinMP

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Last edited:
I rarely see posts for 1:9 figures, especially mainstream ones like NECA’s awesome cloth line! Simple but effective John Carver figure coming up from Eli Roth’s new holiday slasher 🔪

This figure specifically is a NECA Store Exclusive and is available for preorder now if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• IMG_1603.jpeg
    IMG_1603.jpeg
    460.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1600.jpeg
    IMG_1600.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1602.jpeg
    IMG_1602.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1601.jpeg
    IMG_1601.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Seeing it on Saturday! Got the NECA email for the pre-order, I can’t decide between this or the reg figure. Both look great, ugh decisions!
Yeah; that extra bloody sculpt for the Ultimate is really nice 🤤 So I wouldn’t blame you! I’m a sucker for the slightly larger figs 🫡💸 haha

Was John Carver a killer? Or is this something Roth just thought was "cute" and wrote a story around it? This looks very Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer, not two of my favorites. Not a figure I would pick up, but happy NECA is taking chances.

I rarely see posts for 1:9 figures, especially mainstream ones like NECA’s awesome cloth line!

I'd also enjoy seeing more 1/9th in general as an option ( IMHO, something like Halo might benefit from that scale, if they aren't already close to that...) The problem I see is overall third party support. I'd like to find more accessories if I ventured into 1/9th, but it appears to find other stuff, you almost have to bank on undersized or oversized from other lines.

IIRC, GI Joe Sigma Six, a lot of their stuff was within the 1/9th range.

I'd like to have the option there, but it appears most of the hobby industry has committed to 1/12th for the long haul now.

Was John Carver a killer? Or is this something Roth just thought was "cute" and wrote a story around it? This looks very Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer, not two of my favorites. Not a figure I would pick up, but happy NECA is taking chances.
This was originally a faux trailer from the film Grindhouse. Took Roth 16 years to get it made and after seeing it, I gotta say it was well worth the wait! It does fall into the Scream / IKWYDLS films. Really great kills, tons of black humor. Both my wife and I loved it!

Ordered the cloth version as soon as we got back 👍

Back