Kurgan Boom!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry, it just still doesn't look like Clancy Brown's Kurgan. It is close, but there is something amiss!

Kurgan looks good overall but I have to agree that the sculpt is missing something.

The outfit though looks fabulous!! :google

Kudos to SS for using the 13" body. :bow

"Originally Posted by Masao
The main problem with the sculpt is simply the width of the face. Notice the 'lightbulb' look of the skull? It can easily be fixed if anyone cares to.

But....no one should have to. At $40+ these figures should not need us, the customer, to fix whats wrong. There should be nothing wrong."

Sometimes when I say things it may not be obvious who I am subtley addressing. In this case, it was to anyone who has input to the sculptor and let him know how to fix the problem and not to the fans.

Occasionally a sculpture needs something, but the sculptor, working too intensely on the work, cannot see the flaws anymore. A second pair of eyes can be very valuable. As you can see from the updated sculpts, it is more a matter of time rather than skill.

That said, I will have to add: Make the eyes bulge more. Make the jaw and mouth wider. Match the face to the size of the back of the skull.

The head sculpt looks a bit better in the pics on the pre-order page but there is still room for improvement. The eye area is what looks like it needs the most work. But I love how the costume looks! I placed my order, but I do wish they work on the head a bit more before release.

....He kind of looks like one of the inbred from Deliverance.

Those eyes, teeth and facial expression. :horror

I was looking at Highlander over at IMDb and found out that the guy's head who the Kurgan comes with is none other than the guy who played Capt. Panaka is Star Wars Episode I. I wonder if this is a hint at an upcoming SW figure :confused:

Does the Kurgan cut off Connery's head? If so, is it in the Origin era? If so, that would be a great exlusive accessory for the Origins Kurgan. I'd imagine Origins Kurgan or Connery (Ramerize?sp) would be the next figure(s).

Kurgan does indeed lop of Ramirez's head back in the 16th century, and yes, that would be an awesome accessory.

I wonder how much a paint touch-up will do to make the figure look more like Clancy Brown's Kurgan. The circles in the eyes, yes, but what about artificially widening the mouth by extending the corners of the mouth with with paint, into a sneer? Something similar can be done to the eyes to make them sinister. Is anyone planning to do this? I've yet to decide in getting even my first Highlander figure, and if I do, it will be Conner to be followed by Kurgan.

Back