Kurgan Boom!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's is one of the major complaints about Connor....I do not recall him ever being clean shaven in the first film!

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

It's really in the eyes and brows....the expression....and the paint/detailing is lame too...

Something just isn't right....

I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what the exclusive accessory might be, and the only thing I can come up with is maybe the case with the uncombined sword pieces.

That comparison pic really shows how close it is. A little more shading in the eye sockets and it would be even closer.

I'm not sure if it's the angle but the main bit that looks odd to me is the top half of his head. It looks too big! I think a nicer paint job will help as he's a bit to clean in this picture.

Well it's still good to see him!

"It's better to burn out, than to fade away!"

All I hope for is that Sideshow make a 1:1 Kurgan sword! :google :banana

Psycho Cenobite :horror

PsychoCenobite said:
I'm not sure if it's the angle but the main bit that looks odd to me is the top half of his head. It looks too big! I think a nicer paint job will help as he's a bit to clean in this picture.

Well it's still good to see him!

"It's better to burn out, than to fade away!"

All I hope for is that Sideshow make a 1:1 Kurgan sword! :google :banana

Psycho Cenobite :horror

Um....Marto already made one (Two actually, one signature edition from Clancy Brown) for the Highlander sword shop...They had them both on sale two weeks ago...they are both limited Edition....You better run over there and get one if you really want one!

I just chekced...they are NOT on sale anymore...

media.nl

media.nl

$399.00 (Sahme, this was on sale for $250)

and then the Sig Ed. for $495 (was $350)
media.nl

I think I rather had a vintage looking Kurgan, still awesome that we are getting him, I hope we get a Kane figure.

Darklord Dave said:
I don't see why everyone is complaining about the likeness, it definitely looks like Clancy from the end of the movie

HOLY MOTHER OF BRENT!!!

I don't know what's worse....That likeness [or lack thereof in this case] or the quote!!! :rolleyes:
I've been a fan of Clancy Brown's for some time and he is NOT in the sculpt pictured. Maybe they couldn't get his rights either?? Dusty, can you give us some clarification before this head gets the Brent rep?

Everyone jumped on Darla too when she just had the one preview pic - It's ridiculous to start attacking it based on a single picture.

Darklord Dave said:
Everyone jumped on Darla too when she just had the one preview pic - It's ridiculous to start attacking it based on a single picture.

Well, that is all we have to go on...What would be ridiculous is to see the preview picture of a very popular cult character and not remark on it at all.

The main problem with the sculpt is simply the width of the face. Notice the 'lightbulb' look of the skull? It can easily be fixed if anyone cares to.

The face is clearly too small for the head. It should not be a big problem to correct.

Darklord Dave said:

In the case of Darla, the preview pick appeared to have a large head. Andy stepped up and said this was an early prototype and the size had been corrected, end of story.

I'm hoping this may be the same situation here as I mentioned above. That this is simply an early proto pic and the concerns will be address as we near production and can see better pics.

Prototype and production are pretty close nowadays, considering that they were able to show a production version of Darla a week after debuting the figure. I'd imagine mr. brown is well on his way to town. But that's not to say that people's opinion of the likeness won't change drastically before it ships as happened with Connor.

Darklord Dave said:

Ok, Sideshow....another picture of the sculpt please?

Masao said:
The main problem with the sculpt is simply the width of the face. Notice the 'lightbulb' look of the skull? It can easily be fixed if anyone cares to.

But....no one should have to. At $40+ these figures should not need us, the customer, to fix whats wrong. There should be nothing wrong.

I don't think it's all that bad. Although, I'm not an overly huge Highlander fan. Certainly there are worse likenesses than this one. It's certainly much better than Willow.

Fritz said:
I don't think it's all that bad. Although, I'm not an overly huge Highlander fan. Certainly there are worse likenesses than this one. It's certainly much better than Willow.
It is, but thats not an excuse. Willow SHOULD have been better. But like Darklord Dave said, I dont think we should be attacking it on this one picture, even if it isnt to flattering.

BDboystoys said:
But like Darklord Dave said, I dont think we should be attacking it on this one picture, even if it isnt to flattering.
Ok, then...again, Sideshow...another photo please?

Back