Kurgan Boom!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As per usual, more photos will be added to the site when the pre-order goes live!

I'm sorry that some of you seem a little disappointed in the preview. I'm not a gigantic Highlander fan so I'm not really familiar with the character, but he's my favorite Highlander figure to date (well, maybe it's a tie with those guys in kilts - :naughty). He has a neat costume... and the way his neck is safety-pinned is quite cool - and looks very painful. :google

Kurgan boom

Sorry if I'm beginning to sound like Dave, but what is all the moaning about?
The figure looks like the character in the movie, as far as a doll can represent such a figure. It's well hard!
I've cancelled my origins Highlanders (sorry Dusty, the kilt does nothing for me and I'm all outta shelf space!!!!) as I hate duplicates, but the Kurgan is a credible extension of the line and from the preview a bloody good figure. Lets see the actual doll when the pre order happens. :peace

However, screw up Giles and I shall be less meciful!!!!!!! :naughty

SideshowDusty said:
As per usual, more photos will be added to the site when the pre-order goes live!

I'm sorry that some of you seem a little disappointed in the preview. I'm not a gigantic Highlander fan so I'm not really familiar with the character, but he's my favorite Highlander figure to date (well, maybe it's a tie with those guys in kilts - :naughty). He has a neat costume... and the way his neck is safety-pinned is quite cool - and looks very painful. :google

Well, I am sorry too Dusty but that Kurgan does not look like Clancy Brown. It has a resemblence just do the fact that it has the outfit, the shaved head, etc but I know SS can do better work. I will definitely reserve judgement until I see the final piece as I did with Connor. However, I had to cusomize my Connor so that I could be happy with hit. Saying that, I would be happy to be able to customize the Kurgan if its that close. I love the Highlander movie and I would love to add this piece to my expanding SS collection. However, as of right now, it looks like one of those if I can get a good price figures. However, i do remain optimistic and I hope that the production figure improves upon the prototype.

Thanks Dusty!!

Brad

thamesvalidude said:
Sorry if I'm beginning to sound like Dave,
unforgiveable :D

thamesvalidude said:
The figure looks like the character in the movie, as far as a doll can represent such a figure.

From that photo it doesn't look like the Kurgan in the Highlander movie I've seen. And as far as a "doll" can represent a figure, have you seen the Cigarette Smoking Man? The Bond figures? The Universal Monsters? The Monty Python figures? My point being that Sideshow set the bar for capturing likenesses, lately they seem to be forgetting that.

I'm not a big movie buff, though I'd like to be. It definitely doesn't look like Kurgan. It would be great to have each figure perfect, then we could complain about that. That would be fun. Before I saw the comparison pic posted, I thought the figure looked very visual. It still does, so I might get it on that point alone.

He might be what you need, Dr2Red, for you new Scully to operate on, at a later date. Might make a good zombie, or a nasty pirate. I'm intrigued enough to see what the rest of his costume is like, and what accessories will be added.

I wasn't impressed by the first Connor either. Michael Crawfords review gives me a look at Connor's jacket, for the first time. I like it. I wonder why they didn't show it on Sideshow site. Anyway, my initial disappointment in the line, steered me away from it entirely. It did, however, help give me the opportunity to start collecting the PF Monsters. I am happy about that. Now that the origins have come to light, I have a renewed interest. The sleeves look lovely and long, and his kilts look long enough to cover their knees. I would hope they dip the bodies to colour match the heads. Or at least, paint the exposed chest areas. This is an aspect that seems a retrogression.

I just want to pipe in that he at least looks amazing in detail in the clothes department, and with those saftely pins, so just from this one pic, awesome work there guys!

My own preference for a Kurgan is the "Origins" version as well, so hopefully SS'll do one at some point..

I think it's the eyes and melon. The eyes look too small and the skull too big. I am with the origins crowd, that's the one I want to see.

kurgan2.jpg

YES! That is the Kurgan I want - and as a STATUE, not a figure.

I'll be happy with a figure, but a 1/6 or 1/4 scale of Kurgan as shown above,
either on or off horseback is what I ideally want in my collection.

hl-kurgan.jpg

Really, honestly, has there EVER been cooler looking armor on film? Skulls man!
(I'll give Sauron a pass on this one, but skull armor rules!)

Make it so! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

JS :peace

Last edited:
Kurgan boom

From that photo it doesn't look like the Kurgan in the Highlander movie I've seen. And as far as a "doll" can represent a figure, have you seen the Cigarette Smoking Man? The Bond figures? The Universal Monsters? The Monty Python figures? My point being that Sideshow set the bar for capturing likenesses, lately they seem to be forgetting that.

Sorry Ironman, not only am I beginning to sound like Dave (unforgivable, I know, I must repeat I am not a sideshow sycophant 100 times!!!) :naughty
(Only kidding Dave!!)
But I think living in Tony Blair land is sending me all sort of.........reasonable. I
really do think it looks like the Kurgan. Maybe it's my ageing eyesight, I'm too vain to go to the optician. Anyway we'll see over the next couple of days what SS have produced. As for accuracy in "dolls" (yeah, I know, unworthy dig) I have most of the figures you mentioned and you are (rassen, dasssen Dick Ironman!!!) right. SS have achieved amazing accuracy in the past and I don't even think my Willow and Faith are thatbad.
But like I say, screw up Giles and reasonable is out of the window!!! :cool:

JSAuctionService said:
Really, honestly, has there EVER been cooler looking armor on film? Skulls man! (I'll give Sauron a pass on this one, but skull armor rules!)
The only other really cool "different" armour I can think of is from Dracula. This just floored me when I saw it for the first time. But nowhere near as cool as the Kurgan skull armour.

DRAC100.jpg
DRAC201.jpg

One very cool thing, is I have hopes that SS will use the 13 inch body that they used on Jason Voorhees in the JvsF set...

Darken the eyes, and it will look great....also they ARE using the taller body excellent....

Ahhh, yes. I see the resemblence now:
5603_press04-001.jpg
:naughty

Sunda Kastagir looks more like POTA's Dodge, which I wouldn't mind.[hint, hint]

Ironman1188 said:
Ahhh, yes. I see the resemblence now:
5603_press04-001.jpg
:naughty

Sunda Kastagir looks more like POTA's Dodge, which I wouldn't mind.[hint, hint]

Yep, white the eyes out and it you are correct...

Got my order in, but I don't see why he needs to be $10 more than the rest. His height and outfit should only raise the price by $5 insead if any. He only comes with one other accessory besides the exclusive one.

Buttmunch said:
Got my order in, but I don't see why he needs to be $10 more than the rest. His height and outfit should only raise the price by $5 insead if any. He only comes with one other accessory besides the exclusive one.

If I may hazard a guess, it's because he comes with the extra headsculpt as well as a more complicated costume, with real rivets, etc. Perhaps something to do with the extra paint-ops on his neck with the intricate safety-pins as well? (mind you, this is just a guess after seeing the figure first-hand, as I'm not privy to the information that goes into production and pricing)

Not crazy about that $55 price tag, but I got one ordered. The fact that he comes with Kastagir's head as an accessory takes the sting out a bit.

Back