Kotobukiya "The Dark Knight Returns" ARTFX Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine should be here tomorrow. Really looking forward to it. Although I am slightly tempted to repaint the belt closer to the beige/tan color of the comics.

I can't wait to see the pictures. I have been quite excited on this piece and Kotobukiya mentioned making some kind of special base. So far the one shown seemed to be a mostly generic one so I am curious if the actual final product has one that looks more like water.

Just finished watching the animated movie Part 1 - I really hope the base pops in this (making the 1/2 joker seem a bit less weird). If yes, it'll be a must have.

It's a fantastic statue imo. I don't care about the vinyl or things being hollow or light in weight. This looks a lot better than a lot of polystone stuff imo. I should note that it's also quite heavy and doesn't appear to be hollow. Being vinyl there's flex to it and you can feel that on the cape, the fins on the gloves, and anything else that's thin enough. The bodies tough have no give at all and combined with the weight my guess would be they're solid vinyl. I don't think I have ever had anything made from vinyl before that was solid.

Dark Knight Returns Kotobukiya Statue by dangercorpse, on Flickr

Last edited:
For those concerned with weight, I can report that it weighs about eight pounds.

Thanks for the info I decided to let BBTS ship mine, I was more concerned about the paint apps than the weight, the size looks good, any comparisons? I was thinking of adding some dark blood to joker's face, I think that would really top it off.

Last edited:
Yeah I was rather surprised by how big it was for the price even considering it's vinyl.

The base doesn't bother me at all, but I do admit it's a missed opportunity to have done something cool like the base on the old Sideshow Wolverine vs Sabertooth statue. It doesn't detract from the statue but it does little to add to it.

The statue also stands fine on it's own sans-base so if you happen to dislike the base you can just not use it.

Back