Kotobukiya "The Dark Knight Returns" ARTFX Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love how the box doubles as its own case to display the figure. 10 out of 10

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Oh wow that's perfect for a display case. Once I get this statue I'll have to do that for sure.

Mine arrived yesterday. I have to say I am very-very impressed by this diorama. It is beautifull, the sculpt is spectular, the paint job is perfect also it is very heavy. Can't belive it is made from PVC. It's worth every penny. I can't belive how accurate it is to the comics. Just fantastic. I really hope that Kotobukiya will continue the versus line with DC in the future. Do you guys have any info about this? Also because of this diorama I will buy the Killing Joke Joker for sure. Kotobukiya became a great company over the years and the quality of their product is outstanding.

Finally! :yess:

DSCN0625_zps6304ca72.jpg

Koto has done an Amazing Job! Now, egarly looking forward to the TKJ Joker and Supes statue!

How'd you do the blood on the torso? I could do the rest myself but the torso looks like it was done with an airbrush, which I hope is not the case since I don't have one.

thanks guys it was fun to do!
Dedguy- yeah it was a mix between brush and airbrush, brush is too solid, and the "blood" is soaking into the "fabric" so as far as I know can only be done with airbrush, I also drilled out a hole and added a little extra so that it isn't just flat.

I'm thinking I might be able to pull it off with a sponge/paper towel technique I use. I used it on this little OMFG guy and I was able to get a pretty subtle gradient. I /think/ I might be able to do the bloodstain similarly. Will have to do some tests.

This looks like it is getting a limited re-release. It has popped up for a December release on HLJ and a couple other Japanese retailers.

Great job Josh-A-Tron!! Got mine signed a few months back. Question, I was thinking that I might get it customized. Would it be better to leave it as is?

20160708_075850.jpg

20160708_075839.jpg

I regretfully passed on this back in 2012 as I was more into articulated figures then. I guess this reissue would be good for those like me who want another chance without having to bite ludicrous aftermarket mark-ups.

Back