Kotobukiya "The Dark Knight Returns" ARTFX Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just found out about this statue and I was blown away by how amazing it looks. The sculpting is just out of this world and the style of it is incredible. I'm still shocked and for one hundred dollars it is an easy buy.

Just saw this thread... Perhaps I may contribute.

7611972184_bd24a911a2_b_d.jpg

7611983806_0bb87112e2_b_d.jpg

7611983410_154842fe83_b_d.jpg

I saw this at Comic Con. It's a really nice statue. I haven't seen any pictures of her, but Robin is in the cockpit of the base.

Vinyl?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What difference does it make? All of your precious statues are made out of resin with fancy names (polystone, cold-cast porcelain.)

Except for the PF's - they're resin with doll clothes.

Plastic is plastic.

What difference does it make? All of your precious statues are made out of resin with fancy names (polystone, cold-cast porcelain.)

Except for the PF's - they're resin with doll clothes.

Plastic is plastic.

Polystone is a compound made up largely of polyurethane resin mixed with powdered stone additives that give it added weight

Cold-cast Porcelain or bonded porcelain; a mixture of polyurethane resin and finely ground porcelain powder.

Vinyl is Synthetic resin or plastic consisting of polyvinyl chloride or a related polymer.

So you see The Difference is The other two while having plastic are more than plastic, while Vinyl is just plastic.

And they also don't feel like cheap rubber-made toys.:pfft:

It makes a difference, to say the least. You don't have to agree though.

Only if you're juggling. Sitting on a shelf, Koto vinyl pieces are indecernible from resin statues.They have a decent heft and excellent detail.

Polystone is a compound made up largely of polyurethane resin mixed with powdered stone additives that give it added weight

Cold-cast Porcelain or bonded porcelain; a mixture of polyurethane resin and finely ground porcelain powder.

Vinyl is Synthetic resin or plastic consisting of polyvinyl chloride or a related polymer.

So you see The Difference is The other two while having plastic are more than plastic, while Vinyl is just plastic.

And they also don't feel like cheap rubber-made toys.:pfft:

Only statues from the Tyrell Corporation are "more plastic than plastic."

As for the above, without the resin, all you're left with is a bag of dust.

Only if you're juggling. Sitting on a shelf, Koto vinyl pieces are indecernible from resin statues.They have a decent heft and excellent detail.

Only statues from the Tyrell Corporation are "more plastic than plastic."

As for the above, without the resin, all you're left with is a bag of dust.

Yes and without heat and pressure a Diamond is just a chunk of carbon. And to argue that Vinyl statues are indiscernible from other statues isn't true at all. Take one of you're PF's and compare it to the Kotobukiya Jim lee Batman. That "statue" fells like a plastic bank from Walmart. It's one of the reasons I won't by them anymore.

I can't even believe someone is arguing the point :dunno:cuckoo:
Good luck with your vinyl "statues".

Some of you girls are so touchy about the "serious" nature of your collections that you can't enjoy something for what it is. It's all Batman to me, regardless what material it's composed of.

I can't believe you can't appreciate an excellent sculpture because it's not comprised of resin and swathed in doll clothes.

Good luck with your limited "collection."

I just realized that I'm arguing with someone who uses Papyrus as a logo font, and thinks it looks good.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I just realized that I'm arguing with someone who uses Papyrus as a logo font, and thinks it looks good.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Wow, you are an *******. Yes, I like Papyrus. It's not like I'm using as my website logo for my business and I'm not using for a business card or anything else. I used it for a banner picture on a forum.

It doesn't change the fact that your argument for vinyl ridiculous. Pull your head out of your ass.

Great statue no matter what it is made from...nice sculpt from one of the all time greatest comic book stories ever made

Some of you girls are so touchy about the "serious" nature of your collections that you can't enjoy something for what it is. It's all Batman to me, regardless what material it's composed of.

I can't believe you can't appreciate an excellent sculpture because it's not comprised of resin and swathed in doll clothes.

Good luck with your limited "collection."

I've always felt the same way. If it looks great, I dont care what it's made of.

Back