Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw it tonight. As a massive fan of the first one I was really disappointed. And this has zero to due with it being politically incorrect. Hell, I'm the most anti SJW person you will ever meet. It frankly just isn't a well put together film.

Biggest problem was the pacing. This movie was hitting all the right notes but at all the wrong times. A lot of scenes which could have been awesome fell flat. The movie has a weird habit of combining expository dialouge with fight scenes, with characters having an important conversation while someone is fighting literally in the same room, cutting between the two. It doesn't work at all and both distracts from your ability to give weight to the dialogue in the exposition and take the fight scene seriously.

Characterization also suffers greatly here, as Harry Hart spends most of his time being a lifeless prop with little to say or do. Gone is his elegant intensity and cool demeanor, replaced with long awkward silences and a strange detachment that makes it seem like Colin Firth was busy reciting his grocery list in his head while filming.

The Statesmen also suffer, and don't come close to the near iconic mythology the Kingsman created. While the Kingsman were a bit cliché, they were also really cool; and you wanted to be one. I can't imagine anyone wanting to be a Statesman, composed of mostly negative and fairly obnoxious American stereotypes. The characters themselves were also very underdeveloped, and none of their motivations are clear enough for us to care about any of them. I have no clue why Channing Tatum was even in this movie, as his character is really only in 2 or 3 scenes.

There's also an overly long yet never developed celebrity cameo that doesn't work at all as the celebrity in question isn't an actor nor do they seem interested in being trained to be.

Also one of the most likable characters from the first film is unceremoniously killed off quickly near the beginning, which made no sense considering two from the first film that no one felt strongly about returning stuck around here till the end.

Combine this with a muddled, seemingly pro-narcotic moral to the story and you have the makings of a borderline disaster of a sequel.

Last edited:
I saw it tonight. As a massive fan of the first one I was really disappointed. And this has zero to due with it being politically incorrect. Hell, I'm the most anti SJW person you will ever meet. It frankly just isn't a well put together film.

Biggest problem was the pacing. This movie was hitting all the right notes but at all the wrong times. A lot of scenes which could have been awesome fell flat. The movie has a weird habit of combining expository dialouge with fight scenes, with characters having an important conversation while someone is fighting literally in the same room, cutting between the two. It doesn't work at all and both distracts from your ability to give weight to the dialogue in the exposition and take the fight scene seriously.

Characterization also suffers greatly here, as Harry Hart spends most of his time being a lifeless prop with little to say or do. Gone is his elegant intensity and cool demeanor, replaced with long awkward silences and a strange detachment that makes it seem like Colin Firth was busy reciting his grocery list in his head while filming.

The Statesmen also suffer, and don't come close to the near iconic mythology the Kingsman created. While the Kingsman were a bit cliché, they were also really cool; and you wanted to be one. I can't imagine anyone wanting to be a Statesman, composed of mostly negative and fairly obnoxious American stereotypes. The characters themselves were also very underdeveloped, and none of their motivations are clear enough for us to care about any of them. I have no clue why Channing Tatum was even in this movie, as his character is really only in 2 or 3 scenes.

There's also an overly long yet never developed celebrity cameo that doesn't work at all as the celebrity in question isn't an actor nor do they seem interested in being trained to be.

Also one of the most likable characters from the first film is unceremoniously killed off quickly near the beginning, which made no sense considering two from the first film that no one felt strongly about returning stuck around here till the end.

Combine this with a muddled, seemingly pro-narcotic moral to the story and you have the makings of a borderline disaster of a sequel.

this is literally everything people are complaining about on youtube. so yeah, this fully sounds like the problems everyone has. what a shame

the hate is getting is because of being sexist and politically incorrect and for being too violent. You know, the same kind of hate the ending with the princess got in the first one. exactly the same kind of anger and hate

So this film believes in freedom of speech...good....I enjoyed it but definitely not as good as the first...thinking about it now ... so much potential was there but not taken full advantage of...political correctness is a type of censorship in my view and that is a positive imho for this film

I don't see why liberals would have an issue with the film... conservative sure based on the actual politics/ the president in the film.

For many in this world, any opinion that runs counter to their own must be held by some ideologically motivated bonehead. Agenda driven media has contributed to a great lack of perspective out there.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

For many in this world, any opinion that runs counter to their own must be held by some ideologically motivated bonehead. Agenda driven media has contributed to a great lack of perspective out there.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Media's agenda...agree 100%

Everything you posted seems to be what *seems* to be a general consensus. E.g. more or less more of the same, only what worked well in the first one begins to flag at times like GOTG2. *Shrug* was already on my "rent this one" list.

Sounds like it's worth a look, but not at theater prices. Sux tho if you are really looking forward to a sequel.:(

Kingsman 3 Already In the Works with Matthew Vaughn

Source: https://www.cbr.com/kingsman-3-confirmed-director-matthew-vaughn-returning/

It seems a third movie in 20th Century Fox’s Kingsman franchise is already in development.

Speaking with CBR at a Blu-ray event for Kingsman: The Golden Circle — available now — Visual Effects Supervisor Angus Bickerton said, “We’ve had the briefest of conversations with Matthew [Vaughn] about it…he’s got plans,” indicating the director could be making a return to the franchise for a third installment.

Vaughn, who’s in talks to direct the Man of Steel sequel for Warner Bros., directed both the first film, Kingsman: The Secret Service, and its successful sequel.

The director previously indicated that he envisions a third installment in the spy-comedy franchise, as well as spinoffs. “I think there’s a story in my head which will be finished by the end of the next one,” Vaughn said in September. “And then after that then, of course, there could be Statesman movies, there could be spinoff character films. The universe could continue with new agents. Or, you know, Colin (Firth) could become Arthur (…) or new characters could come in. Or new kids get trained. There’s so many options, but I also think it’s better not to be too greedy.”

Back