Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Aquaman could do fairly well... like Antman numbers

They do have WW2 and apparently a Flash movie in the works

I think they should hold off on Batman, Joker and Harley a bit and figure out if they are going to move forward with Affleck or if he wants out.

Aquaman doesn't have to do 1 billion to do well 500-600m and it will be a huge success. I just hope it's a good movie.

I think it will to.

A area that is untapped in the modern comic movies are the horror characters. Those don't need to be big budge movies and WB has had a huge recent success with horror movies. Swamp Thing, Hellblazer, Etrigan the Demon, Sandman, even some anthology with House of Mystery/Secrets.

I liked JL, BvS and SS, enjoyed them more than some Marvel films so there you go. I hope Affleck stays on board, I like his Batman, a change of actor would derail it even more in my opinion.

Aquaman movie will be great, he’s a great actor for the part and has the fan base and appeal.

I’m hoping for more DC films with the same actors on board. A stand alone Batfleck movie is what the franchise needs going forward, sooner rather than later.

Affleck and WB are not even speaking to each other they use their legal staff to do the talking lol.

Yeah umm he’s done.

SS2 cameo is about all you’re getting

Aquaman will most likely be DCU/WB's lowest grossing film to date. JL has only made $655,143,017 mil worldwide. How in the world can anyone expect/predict Aquaman to top that, or even come close. He was a boring character in JL, and the fans worldwide who passed on JL certainly aren't gonna all of a sudden come around to the fish man. Even if Wonder Woman is in it, it won't help. She didn't seem to change JL's outcome even when they moved her front and center past Batman in the marketing ploys. If this movie wasn't already so far along, and wasn't scheduled to start shooting till after JL was released, it might have quietly disappeared.

We shall see. But off all the comic book movies (7) coming this year, I fail to see Aquaman making the radar on most casual CBM fans list of must see films.

Aquaman will most likely be DCU/WB's lowest grossing film to date. JL has only made $655,143,017 mil worldwide. How in the world can anyone expect/predict Aquaman to top that, or even come close. He was a boring character in JL, and the fans worldwide who passed on JL certainly aren't gonna all of a sudden come around to the fish man. Even if Wonder Woman is in it, it won't help. She didn't seem to change JL's outcome even when they moved her front and center past Batman in the marketing ploys. If this movie wasn't already so far along, and wasn't scheduled to start shooting till after JL was released, it might have quietly disappeared.

We shall see. But off all the comic book movies (7) coming this year, I fail to see Aquaman making the radar on most casual CBM fans list of must see films.

Hey, if the movie is good it will do well. Word of mouth is a great thing for the box office

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You bring up some valid points. JL is at 655 now. Its pretty much done. If aquaman can make at least ant man money (519) they should be happy. Depends on budget tho. On thing i noticed also. Every dceu film after bvs earned less and less at the BO. Aquaman may be the first 500 dceu movie. Ouch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great points-- I did not know WW will appear in it..why not Supes?:lol

Unless the American Simoan Pacific Islander movement is bigger than I expect Aquaman won't even do Ant-Man numbers unless there's another JL member in the movie. WW had an entire gender pushing that film (I did like it more than the other DC films but that's a low bar) and that's the main reason it did so well.

I think it will to.

A area that is untapped in the modern comic movies are the horror characters. Those don't need to be big budge movies and WB has had a huge recent success with horror movies. Swamp Thing, Hellblazer, Etrigan the Demon, Sandman, even some anthology with House of Mystery/Secrets.

CONSTANTINE.jpg

But it looks like Fox is the first studio with the balls to actually attempt a horror comic film. I don't think Constantine or the old Swamp Thing movies count :lol We'll see if they succeed (probably not).

It’s the worst kept secret in Hollywood 2nd only to Hugh Jackman being gay lol

Wow, just because a guy has a wife who looks like Liza Minnelli with blond hair and he likes to sing and dance in Broadway musicals and he doesn't have biological kids he's gay? Where's your evidence man?!

But it looks like Fox is the first studio with the balls to actually attempt a horror comic film. I don't think Constantine or the old Swamp Thing movies count :lol We'll see if they succeed (probably not).

Well I wasn't referring to the old ST or Constantine flick. Though I do like it. Best Satan portrayal in a motion picture. :) But more of the recent Conjuring and related flicks.

And yea, I don't know what new mutants are but the horror aspect on that flick has my attention.

Back