Justice League sequel - TBD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though I love the Snyderverse, I've come to terms with the fact that [the morons] at WB don't. So I don't think JL2 will happen.

I think what we're getting is a soft reboot via Flashpoint - where Barry will visit a new DCEU which the audience will learn is [moronically] the original DCEU. The bright, happy go lucky DCEU that Diana belongs to and left for some bull**** reason. That's how they'll explain Affleck & Leto's departure (because the Batman & Joker of said DCEU won't look like Affleck and Leto).

The whole thing is garbage. But that's technically what "JL2" will be. An unnecessary soft reboot for the annoying SJWs that thought Snyder's films were too depressing (and masculine).

It’s not the happy go lucky stuff people want. People loved the dark take of the Nolan films. It’s the ****** rushed way of WB. The reason people liked Wonder Woman was cause it didn’t throw in your face that it was in a world connected to other characters and also Wonder Woman is a character we haven’t seen in screen before.

Then also Leto joker sucked so good riddance. Worst idea ever. Affleck will be missed. We’ll see come nov

They're going to pull a JJ Trek alternate-verse?

Do studios believe that audiences cannot separate themselves from the past? Can they not accept a 'reboot'? Then how do they explain Burton's Batman vs. Nolan's Batman? No one seems to have a problem with those existing at the same time. Does it all confuse Millennials, is that why? Conflicting stories -- one of them must be 'fake'?

Why would WB want to maintain in any fashion a universe no one seems to like much? Let it go as the song says.

Exactly- IF WB does a reboot absolutely no explanation is needed. IF The Batman is the key film to a reboot a new Batman will be introduced and it goes from there...
However I'm not so sure a reboot will happen anytime soon- it's going to take more than the box office of JL to determine that- they have too much invested with the success of WW and forthcoming AM

Affleck won't make or break The Batman.

If it's the right cast and crew and it's a good flick, I hope he is in it so he can be Batman/Bruce Wayne in "a good one". If he doesn't though, it's whatever. Batman is basically James Bond at this point. Just have a good story, costume and villain and the actor portraying Batman doesn't even matter.

This.

Why do you need to have a universe or canon at all? Life is too short and boring for "continuity". As long as a writer or filmmaker's pitch and story is great and filmmable, why not just go for it.
Bryan Singer read your post and nodded enthusiastically.

Since DC has multiple Earths, alternate versions could be done.
:drool

I still think the "shocking" reveal will be that the Snyderverse was actually Earth-3.

35b3cuH.png

Because their target audience (SJWs) looooooooved Jenkins' WW.
:lol

a-dev speaks the truth. I'm guessing that all DCEU films from here on out will be a "one and done at the theater, pass on the blu-ray" for me. Even though I enjoyed WW the one time I saw it at the theater I'm finding myself not really caring if and when I ever see it again. I don't really care about JL, don't care if they make "The Batman," none of it. Time to give the whole thing a break IMO.
Typical SJW response.

The synderverse will be revealed to be E-earth. Emo earth. It’s always raining, everyone’s upset and the sky can turn red. Only flash can save us.

Hawkman is the one member of the Justice League that would actually make some sense in a Snyder type film. Because he could be really brutal and violent. Doesn't really make so much sense with these other guys. But it is what it is. And the next movie I want to see DC headhunt taika waititi and do the Justice League International with Blue Beetle Booster Gold Captain Marvel Plastic Man and Captain carrot. Maxwell Lord could be played by Howard Stern.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

In Geoff John's Justice Society run, Hawkman was a real bad-ass. He was also one of the coolest Super Powers figures. That alone means he deserves respect.

In Geoff John's Justice Society run, Hawkman was a real bad-ass. He was also one of the coolest Super Powers figures. That alone means he deserves respect.

Well Hawkman was a core member of the Justice League of America in the comics back in the past so I can’t see why they wouldn’t want to bring him in. Green Arrow should also appear

Can’t have the JL without him though

Well Hawkman was a core member of the Justice League of America in the comics back in the past so I can’t see why they wouldn’t want to bring him in. Green Arrow should also appear

I don't think he'll look good in live action. Also, his powers aren't that interesting, imo.

I didn't like MoS, BvS and Suicide Squad and it was nothing to do with SJWism. In hindsight MoS is probably the best of those but I still don't like it as the world's introduction to Superman. I think an event like that should have been Superman's second or even third film. Doomsday should have been a movie all by himself and not wasted in 15 minutes at the end of a movie called Batman V Superman.

All of this said, much as I didn't like any of that, changing the tone completely with WW and Justice League is jarring and a bit on the stupid side.

Basically I think they've ****ed the whole thing. I'll never rate any of it highly. Even a full reboot of everything at this point would be hampered by how late coming it would be - superhero saturation and so on.

A whole movie just on Doomsday? Superman and Doomsday bashing each other for 2.5 to 3 hours straight? No thanks. I love Doomsday but he can no way be a villain on his own in one movie.

It all depends on writing, acting, and directing. He's not intrinsically goofy. Sure, he was originally just created as a reincarnated Egyptian guy who could fly, but he's considered to be a great fighter, and he has cool weapons. Also, his relationship with Hawkgirl isn't like any other dynamic on the team.

Like Guyver, I would be interested because he was a core JLAer in the silver and bronze ages. I would love to see all these guys:

thumb-1920-403110.jpg

A whole movie just on Doomsday? Superman and Doomsday bashing each other for 2.5 to 3 hours straight? No thanks. I love Doomsday but he can no way be a villain on his own in one movie.

I think he would be perfect for a 2 hour film. The first act shows his creation and escape , second act has Sup's first encounter, no one wins. Then in the second half of the second act, comes the second encounter, where DD wins, and Sups is at his lowest moment. He recovers just in time for the final fight in the third act, where he wins and "dies." They can't do the death of Sups again though, but had BVS not wasted it, it could have worked well in a solo Sups film.

It all depends on writing, acting, and directing. He's not intrinsically goofy. Sure, he was originally just created as a reincarnated Egyptian guy who could fly, but he's considered to be a great fighter, and he has cool weapons. Also, his relationship with Hawkgirl isn't like any other dynamic on the team.

Like Guyver, I would be interested because he was a core JLAer in the silver and bronze ages. I would love to see all these guys:

thumb-1920-403110.jpg

:exactly: Arrow, Hawkman, Manhunter, Canery should at least be considered in the sequel IMO

Back