Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
General audience were not as dumb as WB thought.

General audience will continue rewarding Marvel for their investment into the characters and shared universe story.

General audience have severely punished WB for their unearned attempt at a quick money grab.

Other then the lip.. I seriously saw no issues with the CGI.. At least no problems that are not just as bad as any other film out there. I mean MOS looked like Cgi fights half the time.. WW had some really bad CGI.. The opening of AOU with the single track shot is some of the worst looking CGI ever... The Hobbit films..ect.. Hell even Spider man homecoming F/X looked like a throw back to the first Rami film half the time.

Seriously I don't think CGI has gotten all that much better since LOTR.. Many of the effects in modern films look no better or worse then some of the bad to average effects in those films.. Its strange when you think about it.. You would think modern effect would blow away a film that is almost 20 years old.. But nope.

Had it not been for the lip and the announcement of Syder leaving and Whedon taking over I am not sure people would think there were two different directors.. They would have just figured Snyder was instructed to be funnier..

I thought the film was very simple plot wise but I thought structurally it was better then BvS

But I have no issues with your hate Crows :)

I don't agree with your issues.. Or should I say I don't have as much of an issue with them as you do.

So hate away my good friend.. Hate Away :) :) :)

That is half the fun of these forums.

I visit the movie threads with extreme difference in opinions way more then the ones were we all agree.

I think CGI is like anything in film. If you take the time and money to do it correctly it can yield amazing results.

Recent Examples
The entire Planet of the Apes trilogy, especially Dawn.
Rouge One , aside from Leia. Tarkin was amazing, 99 percent average film goers didn’t know he was CGI actor.
Mad Max (perfect use of CGI to compliment real action)

Seems the superhero films over use it to their detriment. Spider-Man is another example of some laughable CGI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RDMGJtP.gif

I think CGI is like anything in film. If you take the time and money to do it correctly it can yield amazing results.

Recent Examples
The entire Planet of the Apes trilogy, especially Dawn.
Rouge One , aside from Leia. Tarkin was amazing, 99 percent average film goers didn’t know he was CGI actor.
Mad Max (perfect use of CGI to compliment real action)

Seems the superhero films over use it to their detriment. Spider-Man is another example of some laughable CGI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is true.. I completely forgot about the Planet of the Apes films as great examples of CGI.. I also thought RO had great CG but I knew a lot of people had issue with Tarkin (Personally I thought it was great) but yes time and money is a factor for sure. Great post.

This is how DCEU was created:

WB Exec # 1: We need to piggy back on Marvel’s Avengers success with these dumb characters we own like Batman, Superman and WW.

WB Exec # 2: But we don’t have the time to do it right if we’re going to ride the Avengers momentum.

WB Exec # 1: Who cares don’t forget just how dumb, desperate and lonely the superhero loving people are their lives are so pathetic they’ll watch anything that has these stupid characters in it remember TDKR and look how much they worship that gay Batman 66 crap and **** Donner garbage!

WB Exec # 2: Yeah you’re right what was I thinking lets do it.

Fast Forward to JL lol

This is how DCEU was created:

WB Exec # 1: We need to piggy back on Marvel’s Avengers success with these dumb characters we own like Batman, Superman and WW.

WB Exec # 2: But we don’t have the time to do it right if we’re going to ride the Avengers momentum.

WB Exec # 1: Who cares don’t forget just how dumb, desperate and lonely the superhero loving people are their lives are so pathetic they’ll watch anything that has these stupid characters in it remember TDKR and look how much they worship that gay Batman 66 crap and **** Donner garbage!

WBExec # 2: Yeah you’re right what was I thinking lets do it.

Basically :lol

All this talk about bad CGI..

I just watched The Hitman's Bodyguard last night.

Except for some bad green screen CG explosions and CG Helicopter, I think all the stunts were practical and there was a lot of car stunts. Very refreshing.

Got round to seeing this. After BvS they've just gone to the other extreme, and it's downright cringey. At least it wasn't stupidly overlong.

And I haven't even mentioned Cavill and his cgi'd moustache :rotfl

I'm not a fan of Kevin Smith by any means but I found this to be a very entertaining "Double Toasted" style review. He liked the movie but had a number of issues with it that made me lol.

It's very long so I didn't watch the whole thing but here it is:

I recommend jumping to the 11 minute mark because that's when the review begins.

Not in the films though.. I thought Douglas looked amazing. Could not tell at all. Downey looked pretty great also but there was that slight "artificial" look that did exist. But both looked much better then those two pics.

The skin looks completely unnatural on both of them. "Digital face-lift" is blatantly obvious.

Russell was lit better so they got away with it more.

I think he looks pretty good, Arkham wise anyways. Would have been awesome if he had the classic pirate boot and such.

I like Arrow's version, but in the outfit he is too boxy. Bennett is a well build dude, but short. Manganiello's height makes him more agile looking.

I'm a HUGE fan of the Perez Deathstroke in comics (and statues). However, in a movie, I much prefer a more realistic and tactical look to Deathstroke. I think this Arkham styled Deathstroke is absolutely perfect for the movies or TV. I think this guy looks great as Deathstroke in the JL movie.

Back