Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
General audience were not as dumb as WB thought.

General audience will continue rewarding Marvel for their investment into the characters and shared universe story.

General audience have severely punished WB for their unearned attempt at a quick money grab.

Well, maybe not SEVERELY punished.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/11/25/box-office-justice-league-soars-past-400m-worldwide/#271589157f65

Assuming/guessing JL can pick up another 100-200 million the next 2 weeks and another 100 million re the home view market -

and the movie needs 750 million to turn any kind of profit;

and WB writes off ~100 million loss (coz it had WW profits) and hands some staff a pink slip for a Christmas present - the holidays are a great time to clean house for companies;

Then WB will kinda break even? It might even make a tiny profit? WB will get away w. a butt slap.

I'm not a fan of Kevin Smith by any means but I found this to be a very entertaining "Double Toasted" style review. He liked the movie but had a number of issues with it that made me lol.

It's very long so I didn't watch the whole thing but here it is:

I recommend jumping to the 11 minute mark because that's when the review begins.

Standard rich and famous contract. :lol

I can agree with a lot of what he said.

Batman movie with full of all the past actors. :lol

It opened 73 million less than BvS that just screams WIN to a studio executive lol

It's not doing better, dropping 56% over Thanksgiving weekend is poor.

No, the 56% drop is actually a good thing, when compared to MOS(-77%) ,BVS(-81%), WW(-58%) and SS(-79%).

It's what Grace predicted last week because she noticed the same thing happened to the Harry Potter prequel, also by WB.

No, the 56% drop is actually a good thing, when compared to MOS(-77%) ,BVS(-81%), WW(-58%) and SS(-79%).

It's what Grace predicted last week because she noticed the same thing happened to the Harry Potter prequel, also by WB.

**** Grace.

Its less of a drop because far fewer people are seeing it to begin with.

**** Grace.

Its less of a drop because far fewer people are seeing it to begin with.

No she’s right WB is about to use JL to show Marvel what real box office success looks like.

Grace laughs at you two...

bVIXfi8.gif

You have to take into account that it's a traditionally busy weekend for the box-office so it likely would have imploded worse if it weren't for Thanksgiving.

Back