Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let DC be serious and let Marvel be fun, I prefer that than having everything feel like it's part of the MCU.

But they don't have to be mutually exclusive is the thing. DC can have "fun" movies and Marvel can have "serious" movies. As long as they are quality films, "fun" and "serious" don't really matter.

But they don't have to be mutually exclusive is the thing. DC can have "fun" movies and Marvel can have "serious" movies. As long as they are quality films, "fun" and "serious" don't really matter.

I agree, I'm just saying Marvel has a specific tone and so does DC currently, the tone isn't what makes or breaks these movies, it's the writing and directing. If DC wants to make their films more serious then what's wrong with that? Besides DC looks like they're making a pretty fun movie with Suicide Squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:goodpost: Well said, A-dev. +1

Thanks for that!

I gotta disagree, Iron Man 1 didn't feel like a children's movie, either did The Incredible Hulk, Thor and even TFA at times. The Avengers on the other hand felt like it was aimed at children, the other films are a bit more balanced in drama and humor while The Avengers was 2 hours of straight "fun".

I respect Snyder and WB for trying to make more than just an entertaining movie, that's how you end up with The Dark Knights, Spiderman 2's and X2's of the genre but playing it safe and just making something "fun" almost feels like a waste of time now. It's a cheap way to make a quick buck, every superhero movie adopting that tone is really going to speed up superhero fatigue.

Let DC be serious and let Marvel be fun, I prefer that than having everything feel like it's part of the MCU.

Fair enough. For me they just haven't been successful at making the interesting and resonating films they so clearly wanted and they wasted a bunch of major comic stories that could have had their own films while they were at it, which is deeply unfortunate.

Well, the Wonder Woman trailer and now this JL reel have, despite the negativity of my last 2 or so posts, reignited some enthusiasm. I will probably spend money to see them in cinemas.

Can't seem to summon any enthusiasm for Suicide Squad though. I'll wait that one out.

Thanks for that!

Fair enough. For me they just haven't been successful at making the interesting and resonating films they so clearly wanted and they wasted a bunch of major comic stories that could have had their own films while they were at it, which is deeply unfortunate.

I'll agree with you on that, I think they just need to find a better director but I really think with all the superhero movies we're getting now, that originality is needed now more than ever.

Even though I thought Apocalypse was pretty terrible, I'm scared that Fox is going to start making all their movies like Deadpool from here on out, and to me that movie was really really generic.

Trailer was great. I'm really digging Ben's portrayal of a more cheerful Bruce in this trailer. I'm fine with Flash's costume as well, reminds me of Injustice which I liked.

To me, it feels like a natural progression. We all know that Superman's coming back, but the characters don't, and, if there's anything Batman took away from the events of BvS, it's that men are still good and the world is worth saving. It's cool to see that newfound optimism has sort of rolled over into his portrayal in this film.

I enjoyed that trailer but it's clear how much the focus groups are playing a part in the making of this IMO. But I'm not complaining - a bit of levity should make it more enjoyable than BvS for me.

Trailer shows us the "fun" stuff but that's what it's purpose was- we'll see how the tone of the whole film plays out...

Back