Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None of these sites have used the equations and formulas that have been used by the worlds top smartest scientist to come up with the proven scientific fact that JAWS is the greatest film ever made.

:)

Even Rotten Tomatoes would be problematic though, for a couple of reasons. 1) RT doesn't have a comprehensive list of all reviews for classic films, so it will be hit or miss for those; 2) not all classic films were universally praised on first release. But RT is based primarily on reviews as of release.

To give a film its proper historical context, you need reviews from professional critics and filmgoers after a sufficient amount of time has passed. Ideally through some systematic means of analyzing impact--standardizing scores. There actually is a scientific way that this could be done, called meta-analysis, though I've never seen such an analysis be applied to entertainment. Usually educational programs and the like that are scientifically studied.

I wonder what site you could truly trust for a 100 best movie list.
Is there such a site? I wonder if it even exists.

Okay imdb was just a joke since it is user based :lol

But rotten tomatoes counts as science since it is review based

Except that JAWS has only 78 reviews and two non scientists that gave this a poor review because they just wanted to appear edgy put the film at 98%

The fact that Inside Out is in the top 10 proves the lack of science.. Reviews are opinion not fact...

JAWS being the greatest film is scientific fact..

;)

AFI is the proxy I have used in the past, as their sample has an air of authority, but they certainly are subject to bias (the list changes every few years), and I've never really seen who the voters are. So, who really knows? I know the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame voting is a joke, so the same may be the case here.

Jaws is not even in the top 50 :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

https://m.imdb.com/chart/top/

Ugh, I hate that site. Glad they got rid of the forums over there, one of the worst online communities I've come across.

Legit no kidding, a few years back the TDK fanboys over there started a movement (e.g. create mass sock accounts and rate it 10) to bump it higher than Shawshank Redemption while rating it a 1. :lol

Jye has currently made over 150 accounts and rated Thor 3 a 10. :lol

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/11/19/justice-league-box-office-why-a-96m-debut-is-a-disaster/#7cc0d98a3513
It is an odd thing to discuss a $96 million opening weekend as a calamity, but when the combined might of DC Comics’ biggest Super Friends opens smaller than a stand-alone Wonder Woman movie (at around half the budget), that’s bad. When the Super Friends movie sells not that many more tickets on opening weekend as the first (and 2D) Twilight on its debut weekend ($69m back in 2008), that’s bad. When recent history suggests that Justice League, even with the Thanksgiving holiday and the Christmas break, will be thrilled to earn a 2.26x (Man of Steel) to 2.35x (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part I) weekend-to-final multiplier, with a possibility of a 2x multiplier (Batman v Superman, the Twilight Saga sequels), an under-$100m debut is an outright disaster...

Occam’s Razor suggests that folks didn’t like Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice so they stayed away from the sequel. Like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows, a retooled, lighter, more kid-friendly “this is what the last film should have been” sequel was comparatively rejected because audiences sampled the last one out of curiosity and didn’t like it. If you consider Justice League to be the third chapter in Zack Snyder’s DC Films trilogy following Man of Steel and Dawn of Justice, then Justice League played like the third Divergent movie. Fans and general audiences decided not to be fooled for the third time.

Well...yeah. Completely agree with Ironwez20's earlier posts about WB not caring about its characters. IMO it shows w. JL, 'coz instead of WB "getting" that there's an emotional component with these kinds of films (whether the audience cares), they try to "lighten things up" in a mechanical kind of way, not an organic kind of way. Force a team and that kind of antagonism and/or chemistry. Force a 2-hour run time. I don't know why WB felt some burning need to even have a team movie anyway at this point in time. :dunno

And I'm gonna bet that Marvel - which already runs tests before releasing its films - is taking a hard look at JL's reviews. Not because they're laughing. They're not that stupid - ANY movie is a risk at the BO:horror. But looking for what works, what doesn't. WB should have done the same.

Maybe WB did, but it's not sinking in that Marvel has comic book lovers at the wheel. Comic book lovers creating the films (those stories about the CW technicians tearing up during the filming of the airport battle, because they never thought they would see this splash panel come to life). I watch interviews with the Russos, Scott Derrickson, Taika Waititi and they're so enthusiastic.

Not the faceless executives of WB. Why hire Whedon, when he sez Ultron broke him. There are posts here complaining about Whedon. Well, OK, I'm no huge fan of his. But he can handle a story and multiple characters (even if I hate the farmhouse scene in Ultron). But IMO bring in a director w. a different style to stitch together a story and then hamstring him because, really, it sounds like a patch job - don't see why he'd be enthusiastic either.

Man, that IMDB site is embarrassing.

For years "best of" sites always had Gone with the Wind as #1 -- a movie I still cannot sit thru -- then Citizen Kane came into vogue, then Godfather topped many sites as the generation changed. There's still some rotation there.

I wonder what the Millennials will rank as their "Best Movie" in the history of cinema? Goodfellas has been creeping up. Maybe Shawshank, which I think is overrated. I hope not Titanic.

Seen for a second time it really is a great film...I've said it before however and will say again Cavill should of been made shave the tache. This is JL feck MI.

Man, that IMDB site is embarrassing.

For years "best of" sites always had Gone with the Wind as #1 -- a movie I still cannot sit thru -- then Citizen Kane came into vogue, then Godfather topped many sites as the generation changed. There's still some rotation there.

I wonder what the Millennials will rank as their "Best Movie" in the history of cinema? Goodfellas has been creeping up. Maybe Shawshank, which I think is overrated. I hope not Titanic.

The answer is already there,

The dark knight

it's Number 2 on their top 100 thrillers..

AFI is too snooty to admit its number 1 in every category :lol

Actually when I saw this list way back when I was shocked it made it to 48.

Whats the number one thriller?

A $96 mil opening is a disaster :lol.

It really shows how little faith Warners had in this movie being any good when they didn't have either Zack Snyder or Whedon out on the press junket. They knew it was a disaster. Zack knew it was a disaster which is why he hasn't seen it, and Joss knows its a disaster as he's liking comments that state how bad the villain is.

I saw it last night and I really enjoyed it; it’s by no means perfect but just as good as avengers. I really hope we get more superman movies he was so confident and badass in this movie. The scene when he first came back to life was awesome I was laughing so hard at the flash’s facial expressions, it really showed how powerful he was taking everyone on like that, the slow mo was used perfectly too. Now the first third of the movie is somewhat jarring, it’s choppy and poorly edited which is typical of Snyder’s movies, it was like a bunch of trailers thrown together but once the team was formed it all came together really well. I did notice the strange cgi on supes face you could tell the scenes they added post Stache gate, especially the video in the very beginning but the rest of the cgi isn’t nearly as bad as people are saying. Villain was one note but that’s normal for these movies. If anything he wasn’t enough of a threat once supes showed up and laid the “justice” down on his ass. He was fine against the team without supes but his power level no match for the reborn man of steel. Seeing supes like this was a real treat for me man, it will suck if we don’t get another supes movie now that he is finally back.. as much as I loved man of steel, it was great seeing him like this on the big screen again. I still need to gather my thoughts on this, plenty to discuss but don’t want to spoil anything so I’ll wait until more see it (I hate using spoiler tags too lazy..)

Back