Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After giving this film some thought I basically am sure of one thing.. If Superman was not in this film and the other characters were not handled well I am not sure how much I would like it..

It's a mess just like BvS is. It's got an awful story and the worst villain in any comic film... The CGI is OK at times and awful at other times... The action ranges from messy and forgettable to pretty cool.

So yeah it has its issues for sure.

But for me it was nice to see Superman finally be Superman. Not a bitchy, whiny, brooding, bore. But a real hero.. Someone who is happy to have his powers and someone who is happy to be a hero... And it only took Dying to get him there :lol But for me this is more the Superman of Hope instead of the superman of despair.

As for the rest of the characters....

Batman... I have trouble with Batman in these type of stories.. Even in the comics... Batman is a more "real life" hero and Batman fighting Aliens is always a bit off putting.. You almost have to lighten the character because you basially take a realistic dark hero and put him in a over the top Sci Fi adventure.. I thought the first scene was so weird because it starts off as a Batman film and then turns into a weird Sci Fi film with Batman in it.. I was really worried after this.. But the film somehow pulled it off.

WW was great again.. Yeah she is not the best actress but they give the character herself justice in all the action scenes.. Loved the Bank scene.
Flash was fun and not "too much" like I thought he might be. Fight between him and Superman was great.
Aquaman was better then I thought he would be.. Trailers made it look like they were going to try to hard to make him cool... But he was good overall
Cyborg was most Human character and I was surprised by how much I liked him. I thought for sure he would be a waste of time.

So I enjoyed the characters and that was enough for me to ignore the awful plot and villain.

Lots of talk about "grown up" comic movies and "kid" comic movies..

I think Batman can be more adult.. Batman is more Adult as the Nolan films and first two Burton films have shown.. I am not sure you can do this with the rest of the heros.. I think MOS proved that as did BvS.. Most seem to agree that Batman is good in that film... But what is wrong with the rest of it?? You take a "Kids" hero and make him a dark "adult" hero.. Blah...

Red Letter Medias take on the film.. I basically agree with everything.. Good and Bad :lol

Yes its a Saturday Morning Cartoon and I think I am Ok with that. :lol

Last edited:
See if I have to sacrifice thrilling for supposedly gorgeous cgi images then for me the trade off is just not worth it.

Sure Avengers might be ugly flat BUT i’ll take Stark’s thrilling free fall, amazing in 3D btw, in Avengers after Loki threw him out the window than gorgeous images in a movie severely lacking in action and thrills like BvS was.

OMG WILL YOU JUST LOOK AT THAT GORGEOUSLY OVER PROCESSED CGI IMAGE THAT IS MASQUERADING AS GREAT CINEMATOGRAPHY LOOK HOW AWESOME IT LOOKS IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE A MATURE ADULT WHO ONLY APPRECIATES SOPHISTICATED DARK MATURE CGI IMAGES IN MY SUPERHERO MOVIES...then cut to more Lois bullet investigation...Zzzz...Zzzz. lol

Yes Lawrence of Arabia cinematography has got nothing on those super gorgeous sophisticated cgi images in BvS lol

See... Gorgeous is not the word I would use for this.. Its cool looking but due to the filters that Zack loves I think its an ugly shot... Zack's DC films overall have been ugly with awful set designs. :(

What are u talking about, thats a work of art

Reasonable.......

:yess:

Correct.

I wish we had more reasonable people here - as opposed to it either being a lovefest or a hatefest.

I guess I don;t notice that as much.. If people want to love all the marvel films or hate them all, I am fine with that. Just don;t expect other people to share those same views.

These are movies.. Not settled science :lol

See if I have to sacrifice thrilling for supposedly gorgeous cgi images then for me the trade off is just not worth it.

Sure Avengers might be ugly flat BUT i’ll take Stark’s thrilling free fall, amazing in 3D btw, in Avengers after Loki threw him out the window than gorgeous images in a movie severely lacking in action and thrills like BvS was.

OMG WILL YOU JUST LOOK AT THAT GORGEOUSLY OVER PROCESSED CGI IMAGE THAT IS MASQUERADING AS GREAT CINEMATOGRAPHY LOOK HOW AWESOME IT LOOKS IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE A MATURE ADULT WHO ONLY APPRECIATES SOPHISTICATED DARK MATURE CGI IMAGES IN MY SUPERHERO MOVIES...then cut to more Lois bullet investigation...Zzzz...Zzzz. lol

Yes Lawrence of Arabia cinematography has got nothing on those super gorgeous sophisticated cgi images in BvS lol

Exactly

and

JAWS just has crappy taste in cinematography of course that cgi over blown image of Superman is better looking than any image ever put on film.

Exactly

I haven’t thought a Snyder movie looked good since Watchmen. I don’t think the cgi is necessarily better in BvS so much as everything looks fake and overprocessed so it blends in better.

Which is not to forgive some of the jarring composits in JL but there will be visible seams when you have a couple of months to to rewrite, reshoot, digishave, edit...

If we want to talk about CGI work of Art in comic films then I would say this is a good example and I did not care for the film.. The MOS shot.. Not so much.. Just ugly due to awful Snyder filtering.

Thor-Ragnarok-Trailer-2-13.jpg

Is it true that wonder woman wears nothing but low cut cleavage shirts and tight leather pants?

I guess I don;t notice that as much.. If people want to love all the marvel films or hate them all, I am fine with that. Just don;t expect other people to share those same views.

Good news is that most of this is just due to two CBMs being released in one month. Once Ragnarok and JL have been out for a while it'll all die down and we won't have to worry about it again until IW (I doubt BP will spark much CBM rage).

These are movies.. Not settled science :lol

Yes, but that's exactly what most who rage over them don't realize. :lol

Good news is that most of this is just due to two CBMs being released in one month. Once Ragnarok and JL have been out for a while it'll all die down and we won't have to worry about it again until IW (I doubt BP will spark much CBM rage).

I have been in the minority with both films.. :lol

I did not care for Thor 3 and I liked JL

I am more of a Marvel comic fan then DC

Perhaps that has something to do with it?

Yes, but that's exactly what most who rage over them don't realize. :lol

Only settled Science in film is that JAWS is the greatest movie ever made :)

Okay imdb was just a joke since it is user based :lol

But rotten tomatoes counts as science since it is review based

Back