Judge Dredd movie (2012)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Judge Dredd movie

I have to say I've never undestood the idea that what you hear - good or bad - about a movie before you see it means you're opinion of the movie after seeing it is different. If you tell me that you probably would have liked the movie more if people hadn't oversold it, then it's you - not the movie. It's the same movie, you're the one unable to judge it on it's own merits.

I understand being disappointed in a movie that's overhyped, or surprised by something I really like that was panned by others. But I've never felt like I liked it more because it was panned by others or liked it less because it was overhyped - had I never heard anything I would have liked or disliked the movie just the same, minus the surprise. How others feel about a show or movie doesn't alter how I feel about it.

And for the record, I liked Dredd, but didn't think it was the be all, end all. It was a solid action flick, with some nice, creative use of 3D and a great villain. It was very poorly marketed, unfortunately.

^ Mike knows what's up.

And Dredd isn't the end all, be all movie ever....but last year? Debatable. It was one of my personal favorites. Dredd, Avengers, and Cabin in the Woods all gave me a great experience at the theater. Which is something I haven't had in a while.

How dare anyone engage CelticPoo in a dicussion on film.

It is a documneted fact that he has terrible taste in movies, loves Sucker Punch more than his family and, in fact, punches babies.

He is bad film critic, an awful son, and an even worse babysitter.

Sometimes. It depends on the night. And if the baby sitter is willing to be sacrificed.

Sometimes. It depends on the night. And if the baby sitter is willing to be sacrificed.

"Can you please let me stay up and watch Jimmy Fallon. Pretty Pleeeeeaaase."
Jokerzs026.jpg

:1-1:

The great thing about this site, is that people take things to an extreme that is borderline...no, incredibly creepy, and mean spirited beyond all reason. But hey.

That's just how it works here.

True. And 46.674% of the time my truths are never mean spirited.

The great thing about this site, is that people take things to an extreme that is borderline...no, incredibly creepy, and mean spirited beyond all reason. But hey.

That's just how it works here.

The fact that you don't take since personally and rise above the mean-spirited attitude makes you a cool dude, IMO.:1-1:

That being said, I still enjoy making fun of you.:D

And I don't mind. Really. I deserve it from time to time.

It only bothers me when it gets down to a personal level. Like...you know...me as a human begin, rather then an online persona.

Dats it.

Back