Judge Dredd movie (2012)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Judge Dredd movie

Hey Celtic, go into the Sucker Punch thread and say that movie sucks. You'll see 180 spin in action. :lol

Pretty much everyone here but you recognize that it's mindless dude, even it's fans. Hate to be the one to break it to you but there it is. ;)

Says the guy with the Babydoll action figure. :cool:

Sure. I like slutty chicks blowing fantasy stuff up with guns in slow motion. And the HT figure is a real nice figure.

Other that that, the movie is a 6 at best.

I liked Dredd more.

Nope. You're really confusing the word mindless with simple.

A mindless film is a film with no real goal, no purpose. It says nothing, it accomplishes nothing, and by the end you're wondering why the hell you even went through this journey.

Dredd had a goal. The characters had arcs. The film had some things to say. And there you go. That's Dredd.

If you found the plot of Dredd to be mentally stimulating then I wouldn't admit that in public if I were you.

And 6/10 for SP EVILFACE? Wow, that's high praise in these parts. ;)

Ah. I see. You're one of those.

I'm trying to figure out why you even bothered watching this movie in the first place. If you wanted to be intellectually stimulated by the plot, why watch action films? You see....the point of action films, is to be entertained. Shocking..I know.

The main problem with action flicks today is simply this...they are too overly complicated. They jump around 50 different subplots to keep you focused on different things, and expect you to come back once the real action begins.

That's why Transformers fails as a real film. They are too convoluted. Same with Sucker Punch. It over explains everything, when it really didn't need too. There wasn't any real point to the movie overall. And that's why it doesn't quite work.

Dredd was refreshing because how straight forward it was. You go from point A, to point B. No bull****. No meandering. Just Dredd and Anderson trying to reach one singular goal.

I mean, do you hate Raiders of the Lost Ark? That story is incredibly simple. But it works. Because it doesn't **** around with stuff we don't need.

Ah. I see. You're one of those.

Yes I'm one of those people who recognizes the inherent pedestrian nature of a mindless action movie. I like certain movies that have a lot of mindless action. Hell I even referenced Stallone's Cobra for crying out loud. Dredd was nothing but mindless action and as a result just looked like it was trying too hard to distance itself from the 1995 Judge Dredd movie and didn't realize that it actually accomplished that in its first 10 minutes.

I like the Mad Max movies, Terminator, Die Hard, 80's Arnold movies, Robocop (even Robocop 2!), Total Recall (Arnold version) and I hella love 1990's John Woo films. And yes, Sucker Punch too. My appreciation of action films is very diverse, from bona fide classics to guilty pleasures. But DREDD didn't really impress me. It wasn't horrible, and like I said did indeed clear the palette after the 1995 failure. But that's pretty much it.

Court is adjourned. :cool:

khev.jpg

People here just really oversold it. If I had stumbled upon this movie without all the praise I might have appreciated its hard hitting intensity more. But when people started heralding it as the best comic book movie of the year and then it turns out to just be one long action sequence and nothing else um yeah, no not quite. ;)

If we oversold it, you would have at least gone to see it in theaters! :lecture

I thought it deserved more revenue than it got. If Ghost Rider can get a sequel, there's no excuse this one couldn't. If Jen's friend of a friend can be believed, Dredd's own team gave up on him without much of a fight.

I said it before and I will still say it again. The movie rock. If I want to learn something I will watch the History Channel.

Dredd was locked in a place with people the broken the law. He was out to judge them. He did what he does and he did it well. The girl did get in the way but still she was a Judge.

Yes it took place in one place. When I was selling comics I did not even know about him. Then one day I was ship some of them. As far as I care. He is the Law

What about the fact it was only available in 3D? Did they ever address that?

I thought that at first cause thats what we had, but I did get to see it at another theatre in a neighboring town in 2D.

People here just really oversold it. If I had stumbled upon this movie without all the praise I might have appreciated its hard hitting intensity more.

I'd stay away from Jedi if I were you. :lol

What about the fact it was only available in 3D? Did they ever address that?

No that was not mentioned. Like I said earlier in this thread - I think Lionsgate dropped the ball. I saw zero advertising for this before it was released (not one commercial - and I always have my tv on when I am home), so I think that hurt. When it didn't do well after it opened, I think Lionsgate decided to cut their losses and pull it and hope they would make their money back through DVD and Blu Ray sales.

This of course is pure speculation on my part. But I am truly puzzled at the lack of advertising for this. And why didn't they have a legitimate panel for this at Comic Con...seems like that would have been their target audience. Oh well...I'm glad DVD/Blu Ray sales have been good and hope that encourages a sequel.

Back