Judge Dredd.....again!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Green Light for New Judge Dredd Movie
Source:2000ADOnline.com
December 20, 2008

Rebellion and 2000 AD have announced that a new Judge Dredd movie is in development.

Together with DNA Films, the movie production company behind such films as Danny Boyle's Sunshine and 28 Weeks Later, Judge Dredd will go into production in 2009.

Jason Kingsley, CEO and Creative Director said, "We can't give away too many details at this point, but we're looking forward
to working with DNA Films to bring Judge Dredd back to the big screen."

This movie needs to be done again because the previous movie was so freaking awfull.

5e_037MultiPass.jpg

i'm not really a good judge of film - coz i tend to like a lot of movies. but i quite liked the first dredd movie. it wasn't the best interpretation of the comic book, but it entertained my pants off and as an action movie it rocked. i didn't even mind rob schneider.

i have the making of it book somewhere, in which i think i remember one of the production guys accused one of the producers that left, of stealing character ideas and making robocop. i think its a load of chicken balls personally, but quite interesting.

a new movie could be interesting, but the only way i could see it working is if dredd wasn't the main protagonist, but a badass in the background. kinda like hershey in the first one. and i agree - better bad guys - judge death would be cool.

Back