Judge Dredd movie (2012)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spartan Rex

Super Freak
Reaction score
File this one under: Comic Book Movie Remake/Reboot You'd Never Expect to Create a Sensation Anywhere Let Alone at Cannes.

Deadline reports that the Cannes film festival is abuzz over DNA Films' proposed new Judge Dredd movie, which Reliance Big Entertainment will finance. The project was scripted by Alex Garland, the screenwriter of 28 Days Later and Sunshine but perhaps best known to gamers for penning the aborted Halo movie.

Pete Travis (Vantage Point) is attached to direct.

This Judge Dredd film promises to go back to the character's 2000AD comic book roots. The film's budget will reportedly be in the $50 million range.

Last edited:
Re: New Judge Dredd movie

File this one under: Comic Book Movie Remake/Reboot You'd Never Expect to Create a Sensation Anywhere Let Alone at Cannes.

Deadline reports that the Cannes film festival is abuzz over DNA Films' proposed new Judge Dredd movie, which Reliance Big Entertainment will finance. The project was scripted by Alex Garland, the screenwriter of 28 Days Later and Sunshine but perhaps best known to gamers for penning the aborted Halo movie.

This Judge Dredd film promises to go back to the character's 2000AD comic book roots. The film's budget will reportedly be in the $50 million range.

Has to be better than the first one. It has to be. :pray:

The first one was so bad I liked it, just for laughs. But it also left such a "laughable" image of Judge Dredd in my mind, I can't see how this could be good.

I had a lot of fun with the first one. It was pretty terrible but a lot of fun but I would be up for a new one. It is a good story.

The first one was a typical action film which was quite fun to chill back and watch. I was a big fan of the judge comics when i was young and i think a new film would be pretty cool!

This first movie had Diane Lane in skin tight pants when she was nice and young. :lol:rock

Looking forward to this one, I don't mind the sly version, it's one of those easy to watch movies when you can't be bothered choosing anything else

This is great news, this property really deserves a movie which sticks closer to the comic books. Sly's movie was . . . fun, I guess, but it was a Sly movie first and a Dredd story second which just didn't mesh well.
His interpretation of Dredd's character was basically this: I'm like a robot during the day who quotes legislation at criminals before I shoot them in the face, then at night when I'm all alone I cry and suck my thumb thinking about when I judged my brother. :slap

We need to see the Dark Judges!!!
And Judge Anderson too!!!
ALSO THE ANTHRAX SONG NEEDS TO BE IN THE FILM TOO!!!!!

if they get a good budget they could make it a good film that is pretty faithful because fans would rather see that.
and the film did something the comics never. we saw Dredds full face

Back