James Cameron's AVATAR A.M.P. Suit Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avatar pre-order next week..

I hope the production piece looks the same if not better than the prototype. I hate when the final product looks cheaper or less detailed. With the price it should look cinematic.

I hope the production piece looks the same if not better than the prototype. I hate when the final product looks cheaper or less detailed. With the price it should look cinematic.

Imo I would think so. Check out this newest trailer. It looks good interesting/visual eye candy to fail. Especially with the advertising and marketing blitz that has begun. This TV spot aired Nov 11th on the show Glee. It has new scenes never before seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv7EQwO8Qhw

Imo I would think so. Check out this newest trailer. It looks good interesting/visual eye candy to fail. Especially with the advertising and marketing blitz that has begun. This TV spot aired Nov 11th on the show Glee. It has new scenes never before seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv7EQwO8Qhw

Hadn't seen that extended trailer yet. I think it looks fantastic.
Have my midnight 3D IMAX tickets already, just need to find a date. :(

i dont know about that.... imo i would not think so :(

If you examine the facts, James Cameron's track record, the technology used in the film, the epic storyline ... it's easy to see this is gonna be a hit.

The last time i was this excited for a film was Freddy vs Jason

what is the cheapest anyone has found the AMP suit maquette? anyone found it around $1000?

nope. $1100 is the cheapest I have seen it. But sites other than sideshow you always run the risk of not being able to return it if something is wrong. Its worth the bit extra for peace of mind imo.

Not sure if this one will go down in price once it hits the market. With as many millions of people that will see it. I see it selling out soon.

the more i see these "machines" in action the more i like them.

i know its a scaled replica but i just hoped it was 30" +

I know what you mean. I cant even imagine how awesome it would look at that size. But still, at 21-23" not too shabby. Thats still pretty big. I just wonder how fragile this piece is going to be? Is it going to be primarily polystone or some type of plastic resin...

I hope there are a few metal parts to accompany it like the base. I know its intricate and its Avatar but unless it was a bit more limited, Im still on the fence about the price. I ordered one anyway of course because I think at this stage before watching the movie the amp suit is really awesome and my favorite design thus far in Avatar. I also like Quaritch.

Do you guys think 500 is a good number? Do you think it will sell out soon once the movie comes out? At this point many probably dont even know its available yet. There may be a frenzy of collectors once they see it in action. But at this point, out of 500 pieces-I wonder how many have been snagged. There still isnt a low quantity alert yet so there is still over 100 left in inventory at sideshow alone. I can understand this at this price point but sheesh, this thing looks bad a**

for anyone that has pre-ordered the amp maquette from sideshow, can you tell me the estimated shipping cost? just curious. are they calling it an oversized box shipment?

I know what you mean. I cant even imagine how awesome it would look at that size. But still, at 21-23" not too shabby. Thats still pretty big. I just wonder how fragile this piece is going to be? Is it going to be primarily polystone or some type of plastic resin...

I hope there are a few metal parts to accompany it like the base. I know its intricate and its Avatar but unless it was a bit more limited, Im still on the fence about the price. I ordered one anyway of course because I think at this stage before watching the movie the amp suit is really awesome and my favorite design thus far in Avatar. I also like Quaritch.

Do you guys think 500 is a good number? Do you think it will sell out soon once the movie comes out? At this point many probably dont even know its available yet. There may be a frenzy of collectors once they see it in action. But at this point, out of 500 pieces-I wonder how many have been snagged. There still isnt a low quantity alert yet so there is still over 100 left in inventory at sideshow alone. I can understand this at this price point but sheesh, this thing looks bad a**

I snagged one. :lol

:banana

500 is a good number, and i do think it will sell out after the movie is released. I'm still on the fence. Anyone know the scale?

Dont know for sure since its a maquette but since its made from a laser scan of the prop its accurate

Let's see how long it will last until started to flak away.

Back