Whats the best 1/6th Darth Vader figure ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My sister is a fashion student in LA. I showed her the vader suit I have that is falling apart, and asked her why did it do this?
what she told me is that it's a specefic type of simulated Pleather. It is very very very inexpensive (Translated, Cheap) It's made by spraying the Pleather onto a backing of some kind. what causes the shreadding/disintagrating/falling apart is how thick or thin the pleather is sprayed on. also, the quilting that is done to the pleather makes it weaker as well.
If it is sprayed on too thickly, it will slowly crack anywhere it folds, such as elbows, knees, shoulders, etc.
if it is sprayed on too thin it will quickly flake off on it's own as normal wear and tear.
there is a "sweet spot" as far as how thick/thin to spray it on, and if you hit that, it will hold up just fine, but getting the "sweet spot" is more or less pure luck.

for now , the medi ( epi 4 and epi 3 ) , repeat , just for now .........i have the pre order of sideshow vader , i am waiting to see the photos.

I like this one!
DSC07222.jpg

DSC07196.jpg

DSC07211.jpg

Back