James Cameron's AVATAR A.M.P. Suit Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to own the Amp Suit MQ. A stunning piece in deed, if I had any complaint it would of been about the Quaritch figure, the paint app on my one was quite poor but the suit itself was stunning, so much detail & no complaints at all about the paint apps to that or the base.

I only sold mine because I just didn't have anywhere I could display it. I remember the stand being huge

I remember ordering it from Play.com when that site was actually good. I think I payed something like £470 for it in the sale. I used to find some gems on that site once for bargain prices but them days are now long gone once it got bought out by rakuten :(

I used to own the Amp Suit MQ. A stunning piece in deed, if I had any complaint it would of been about the Quaritch figure, the paint app on my one was quite poor but the suit itself was stunning, so much detail & no complaints at all about the paint apps to that or the base.

I only sold mine because I just didn't have anywhere I could display it. I remember the stand being huge

I remember ordering it from Play.com when that site was actually good. I think I payed something like £470 for it in the sale. I used to find some gems on that site once for bargain prices but them days are now long gone once it got bought out by rakuten :(

This has become the issue for me as well.
It's a shame that I've got some great pieces that are sitting in their cardboard prison because there's just no place to properly display them. :(

This has become the issue for me as well.
It's a shame that I've got some great pieces that are sitting in their cardboard prison because there's just no place to properly display them. :(

Yeah it sucks. I sold mine quite awhile ago now but if I didn't it would still of been in its box in my parents attic gathering dust.

What is the going rate for these amp suits now a days ..... I have one here in the UK and was very tempted to sell it due to not being able to display it properly as it's huge.

A great piece id love to own one.

Avatar is a funny movie. It came and made more noise than anything we've seen before. Now it's pretty much forgotten as the story wasn't unique and the characters were meh.

Avatar is a funny movie. It came and made more noise than anything we've seen before. Now it's pretty much forgotten as the story wasn't unique and the characters were meh.
The story wasn't unique or interesting enough for me.
I've always described it as Dances With Wolves in space.

The effects are what carried he film, don't get me wrong it was an epic adventure but there isn't two words said about this film years after its released. I believe a country named a mountain after the film or something crazy like that! I find films that bomb in the theatre and develop into cult classics far more charming than films that shatter records and go dark years after their release. Meanwhile a film like DREDD was a bomb at the theatre, it continues to gain momentum years after the release, and the cult continues to grow.

For the story...go find and watch South Park's "Dances with Smurfs" episode. Hehe

Back