LOTR Tease - some Q&A and Gimli PF but not in 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

action-Jon

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Here is a collector question from recent ‘Ask Sideshow’ submission, complete with a cool sneak peek!:

Q: We are now over four years into your LOTR license and have 30 Premium Formats, Legendary Scale Busts, and Dioramas “in the books” [I have included the three yet to be released pre-orders: Legolas PF, KOTD and Sauron dio's, as well as, the sneak peak Gandalf the Grey PF]. Yet in all that time, and with all these products available, we don’t have a single representation of Gimli in any form. And I would bet my bottom dollar he has to be one of the most frequently requested characters by LOTR collectors over the past few years. Yet here we are 4+ years later with absolutely nothing to show for our requests of this popular and integral “Fellowship” character! Will you be remedying that soon?
-AND-
Is there any chance that we will see a Gimli Premium Format in 2010?

A: You’re absolutely right – Gimli is a top requested character. We are currently sculpting Gimli for the newly announced statue/maquette line, and he’s going to be a very dynamic little dwarf. It is
possible that you’ll see a Gimli Premium Format down the line but not in 2010

Your tease.
jj8gex.jpg

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?p=11743

Other Q&A

Q: This question may have been asked already – but is there a chance that the 12-inch LOTR line will be resurrected? I just wish you could at least complete the Fellowship (two more Hobbits – please!). It’s just frustrating that I can’t get a complete decent 12-inch line that has all 9 characters. Dragon In Dream (DID) had a great line but only had 6 of the 9 characters made as well. Also, Saruman would be a great addition. -AND- Is there any chance you are going to finish what was started with the 12-inch figures for LOTR – Pippin, Merry, Gimli?

A: Yes, there is a chance, but we’ll have to repeat that we’re not currently developing any 12-inch LOTR figures. We will DEFINITELY alert everyone if there’s a change in our planning.

Q: Warner has announced that the LOTR trilogy will be out on Blu-Ray April 6th, 2010, and the press release said they are planning a big merchandising push. Could you share some of your plans for said release?

A: Certainly! We’ve given some support to WB and Best Buy related to the Blu-Ray release, in gift card form, which they’re likely to announce any day now. In conjunction, we’ve announced our new statue series, bringing ‘The Lord of the Rings’ characters back in 1:6 scale! [Click Here to Watch the Video Announcement]

Last edited:
Thanks for the post on this, the chat is blocked from my work computer.

This looks like the exact pose that they had previewed for the maquette a few weeks ago in drawings, and I would much rather see some PF love.

I'll probably end up collecting both (depending on the price point) but I would much rather hear some PF news!

This maquette line does look dynamic indeed as SS says. Too dynamic maybe? Although i'm holding judgement til I see the final piece.

Fingers crossed for a Gimli PF in 2011 then...Must complete the set of 3 hunters in PF form!

P.S., I wouldn't shy away from a Saruman PF to compliment the upcoming GTG PF. :saruman :gandalf

:D

Fingers crossed for a Gimli PF in 2011 then...Must complete the set of 3 hunters in PF form!

P.S., I wouldn't shy away from a Saruman PF to compliment the upcoming GTG PF. :saruman :gandalf

:D

It's kind of ambiguous I mean... they said "but not in 2010". Maybe if it was in 2011 they would tell you it was in 2011 to keep you excited. That's what I get from it.

Shame about Gimli, the SSW piece is just about as good as I would want in the 1/6 scale (both pieces actually). His costume will look so amazing in PF!

:eek:

Back