is hottoys going to make pred1 toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randysgut

Super Freak
Reaction score
im just watchin predator and thinking how sweet having all the characters as action figures would be. other than having a predator id want the poncho guy and mack the black dude

im just watchin predator and thinking how sweet having all the characters as action figures would be. other than having a predator id want the poncho guy and mack the black dude

dude, you haven't seen these ?

IMAGE REMOVED @ HOT TOYS REQUEST.

by Hot Toys

Last edited by a moderator:
*Waits for that pic to be taken down by Wookster*

"Hot Toys has asked that these pics not be shown because the sculpts are still pending. Thanks."

lol..

I was recently informed from a reliable source that the actual Predator from the first movie will be unveiled next year, no official news on a release date for any of Dutch's team yet.

Curious:

Would people be cool with HT repainting/slightly modifying the P2 Elder and releasing that as the first Predator with new accessories (i.e. P1 Bio, etc.) since the Elder is essentially a repainted/slightly modified P1?

Or do people want a completely new sculpt!?

As for me, I hope for a whole new level of quality for this guy.
I hope he will be with kinda rubber skin, properly muscled & fat.
But I also dreaming of proper height... All of HT Preds must be at least 38cm (40cm for the biggest one's) in height to be in 1/6 scale. They are not.
My IMHO also is that the first Predator is the biggest & buffiest one.
So I pray they will finish Pred line with a 100% kick-ass figure.
I almost don't care about price on this one, I just want a really impressive Predator 1, my favourite Predator.

As for me, I hope for a whole new level of quality for this guy.
I hope he will be with kinda rubber skin, properly muscled & fat.
But I also dreaming of proper height... All of HT Preds must be at least 38cm (40cm for the biggest one's) in height to be in 1/6 scale. They are not.
My IMHO also is that the first Predator is the biggest & buffiest one.
So I pray they will finish Pred line with a 100% kick-ass figure.
I almost don't care about price on this one, I just want a really impressive Predator 1, my favourite Predator.

Rubber skin is asking for a nightmare in durability on a HT figure. It is bad enough the dreds are made of rubber.

It is a nightmare for 1st generation bodies. 2nd generation (Rambo & etc) is OK (according to my own experience).
Due to HT light-speed progress I don't think it is a problem to give us an ultimate Pred 1 with rubber skinned body.

its already been made :cool:

PREDATOR%20ALIEN%20HUNTER.jpg

its already been made :cool:

PREDATOR%20ALIEN%20HUNTER.jpg

I don't know, the color seems off, and the dreads ; well their molded and look the aurmor is moulded also and it's teeth aren't faceing the right way and the packaging; well I don't like this new packaging and is that in scale and where's the articulation and only one acessory? only one? come on was the disk even black in the movie? POOR very POOR!!! :monkey2..................:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I'd rather not have rubber body, it impairs the articulation way too much for dynamic poses.

I have to agree, I think once kitted up with his body netting, armour and accessories the visible articulation isn't too bad, and for longevity and better posing I'd prefer the solid body design.

You sir have THE best user name and avatar ever! Its nice to see more Trailer Park Boys fans here!

Its my all time favorite show! "Whatchya talking about Inflatable Elvis" :D

that was post 6666 , 4 sixes.
MUHAHAHAHAH.

Even though it should be three.
Damn that should of been in the hellboy thread.

About articulation, I don't think that it's correct, because of at least 2 factors:
1) Predator is not a kinda kung-fu little fella that have a freakin' crazy variation of poses. It's a "one ugly mother******". Not more & not less.
2) Main. Nowadays Predators have a big problems too. The amount of articulation is not too big because of the outfits & armor, some people just broke the armor or the joints when they try some pose. + The joints themselves have problems sometimes. They can be too tight or too loose.
So this is not an argument at all.

I have to agree, I think once kitted up with his body netting, armour and accessories the visible articulation isn't too bad, and for longevity and better posing I'd prefer the solid body design.

Totally agree... and HT does an awesome job of giving their Predator base body great texture an paint so it looks more uniform. You'd never get that kind of detail out of one of their rubber bodies.

Back