is hottoys going to make pred1 toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'd never get that kind of detail out of one of their rubber bodies.
Well this is a pretty good argument to not use a rubber body, but I will repeat my own words one more time - HT progress is phenomenal. I don't think that it's a big problem to do an awesome rubber-body with some new technology for such a $$$ project.

No rubber bodies, please. I don't even want to think that I'm going to spend $150 on something that will deteriorate in my lifetime, much less a few years (like the ED-209).

I definitely want me a Dutch and Original Predator... I really hope they work out this likeness issue, though.

Do the newly unveiled Hot Toys Hellboy and Abe Sapien figures bring new light to what is possible with rubber bodies? I think yes. I also think they look fantastic, and after seeing them was immediately disappointed that my Hot Toys Predator 2 figure will always have the hard bodied, exposed joint, anorexic look :(

For exposed-skin figures like the Predators, I think a rubber body is an absolute must. It's the only way to overcome that "toy" look while retaining articulation.

I don't, I feel that what they did works just fine. The rubber would just restrict art. even more, and the armor does restrict already, so, I'm happy with the current set up.

someone send me a picture of what the hot toys predator 1 is going to look like. the pic keeps getting removed someone send it to me!!

I'm starting to think the Dutch and Billy figures have been cancelled. I don't think we will see them. Ofcourse i hope i'm wrong!

Last edited:
I gotta agree. What they are doing right now works fine by me. No rubber please. An accurate head is a must (the P1 1/4 just didn't look right).

someone send me a picture of what the hot toys predator 1 is going to look like. the pic keeps getting removed someone send it to me!!

Of course we could show you, but then we'd have to burn your eyes out with acid and give you a memory wipe!

I'm really hoping these get put out. I really want that Dutch and Billy.

And Blaine would be a damn sexual tyrannosaur.

theres no reason why they wont come out. i just think hot toys are keeping the p1 figures under wraps. i expect a release date mid next year.

the slug has spoken.

You think they will still get released Wookster?

I'm quietly confident, I've chased info a bunch of times and though nothing solid comes back, I just have a feeling these will see the light of day eventually.
My main fear is they've hit a bit of a 'John Hurt' problem, perhaps they're trying to get as close as they can 'legally... who knows, I'm rambling!

I'm quietly confident, I've chased info a bunch of times and though nothing solid comes back, I just have a feeling these will see the light of day eventually.
My main fear is they've hit a bit of a 'John Hurt' problem, perhaps they're trying to get as close as they can 'legally... who knows, I'm rambling!

Couldn't they just call them Holland and Big Red or something like that and get away with it?

Back