Iron Man 2 - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark IV (Holographic Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kinda got the same impression. I would think people would tire of these novelty suits. Was hoping to see the Mark 1 diecast at the show. Next year I guess? :lol

Yeah, a Mark 1 die cast would have certainly got my attention. In fact it would push me to also get a Mk85. My rough plan is to have a Mk1, already have a Mk46, and Mk85 to bookend the range in 3 figures. Start, middle and end armours.

OK call me cheap :lol

Star Wars is my main interest though.

To each his own, but I personally hate the way this thing looks, though to be fair
I fell out of love with the Neon Tech figures too.

Maybe it is just the whole "It didn't exist on screen so I don't need it" reasoning in my head, lol :lol

Wasnt much of a neon tech fan either, but this photo sorta convinced me to eventually pick up the VI. Thought the black / yellow combo with a TS sculpt and blacked out shades would be a cool look.

Capture.JPG

But yeaaaaaaa I ended up selling it regardless :lol

I know a lot of people are down on this, but i'm so hyped to get it that I just ordered a 1-piece hall of armor from BBTS to display it in.

With the right lighting it could look amazing.

I think if you don't have the original diecast mark 4 this makes a good alternative. Seeing as mark 4 didn't see much action on screen, it's ok for me to display a holographic version of it, just to own a mold of the mark 4.

If you already have the original diecast then I see no point unless you are a hardcore fan or completist, etc.

I think if you don't have the original diecast mark 4 this makes a good alternative. Seeing as mark 4 didn't see much action on screen, it's ok for me to display a holographic version of it, just to own a mold of the mark 4.

If you already have the original diecast then I see no point unless you are a hardcore fan or completist, etc.

In my opinion, if a figure/armor never appeared in the movie they are all pointless to me. That simple rule helps me save a lot of money. Also it doesn't help that this holo version looks cheap AF. :lol

I?d like to see that zombie figure too but I give it about a 5% chance of happening at this point. People highly overestimate how many times Hot Toys has actually gone back and announced a brand new figure for a movie months after it has hit theaters. Outside of the big ensemble Avengers type movies, it really doesn?t happen often. Krennic is one of the only real examples that pops into my head, and I think maybe Shuri? I guess you would count all the HPP suits from Iron Man 3 that they spaced out over years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the zombie iron man will require too much effort and retooling for Hot Toys to take on.

I have to agree. As much as I'd LOVE a zombie Iron Man, I don't see HT going that far... Of course it IS Iron Man so you can never rule it out with HT.

IF they do make one, I just hope they make the whole figure normal instead of including the blocky holographic simulation loading effect like the Iron Studios statue.
I was going to get that, but that detail on the legs was really off-putting, even if it is accurate.

For that detail at least, it's one I'm hoping they wouldn't bother with. I wouldn't mind a green simulation cloud base, but I also just want a zombie iron man regardless of the simulation and that loading effect ruins that possibility :dunno :lol i'm probably asking too much.

Hey you all! How do those words taste?

It also looks like the “holographic simulation loading effect” on the parts might be removable.

So Sideshow is making us wait until next week to order this? Or are they discarding their usual weekends off to post it tomorrow?

They said that they are putting it up for PO this Saturday sometime during that unboxing they had for it the other day.

Hey you all! How do those words taste?

It also looks like the ?holographic simulation loading effect? on the parts might be removable.

Tastes like purple.

And hey, I gave it a 5% chance, not 0%, lol. Also I was like the first person to post in that figure thread and mentioned how wrong I was.

I guess I just never entertained the idea that they would make it happen by going all-plastic and charging a cool $420 for it to make up for all the molding and paint cost going into it.

Also I believe word from Secret Base visitors is that those holographic parts are not removable.

Last edited:
The holographic parts on ZombieMan are going to be as removable as you want them to be. At most they're pegged in with a bit of glue. At best they're just pressure fitted in place with a snap peg.

So you can't add reward point to summer exclusives? Well no pre-order for me. I actually like this armor but I don't wanna pay full price, smh

Yeah...unfortunately those rewards points aren?t able to be used

Got mine ordered. That's 8 new pre-orders this week. I don't think I've ever ordered that many in such a short span of time.

Back