Iron Man 2 - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark IV (Holographic Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine ordered. That's 8 new pre-orders this week. I don't think I've ever ordered that many in such a short span of time.

Same here 5 orders in 3 days.
Tony Stark Mech Test 2.0
Tony Stark Mech Test 2.0 Deluxe
Whiplash
Iron Man Mark IV Holographic Version
Mysterio's Iron Man Illusion

Why two mech test figures?

Both have different MMS numbers. You think I have the Diecast Mark IV and Diecast Mark IV and Suit up Gantry. I have almost every Iron Man Figure. I am missing War Machine Mark III, Iron Man Mark VI Joint promo, Hulkbuster Deluxe, and the Suit Up Gantry MMS-161. I haven't pre ordered the End Game Iron Patriot yet.

Both have different MMS numbers. You think I have the Diecast Mark IV and Diecast Mark IV and Suit up Gantry. I have almost every Iron Man Figure. I am missing War Machine Mark III, Iron Man Mark VI Joint promo, Hulkbuster Deluxe, and the Suit Up Gantry MMS-161. I haven't pre ordered the End Game Iron Patriot yet.

Wow, I don't have that many. I am up to 53 Iron Man/War Machines including pre orders (60 if you add Stark figures). I have the orginal mech test so i am passing on it but might grab the HS for another custom stark figure when it gets parted out.

115990943_10219850504425857_3230113617181931228_n.jpg

Wow, I don't have that many. I am up to 53 Iron Man/War Machines including pre orders (60 if you add Stark figures). I have the orginal mech test so i am passing on it but might grab the HS for another custom stark figure when it gets parted out.

If I added everything right I have 79 Iron Man/Tony Stark/War Machine, Iron Whiplash, IM3 Iron Patriot.

I am a fairly hardcore IM and WM collector but this figure isn't doing much for me. It really needs a light-up base to do the figure justice IMO. Perhaps there will be one available like the bases some companies offer for the neon figures.

So apparently this is out in HK already. I dunno, it may have die-cast pieces but the Gameboy armour just looks so cheap.

I am a fairly hardcore IM and WM collector but this figure isn't doing much for me. It really needs a light-up base to do the figure justice IMO. Perhaps there will be one available like the bases some companies offer for the neon figures.
These should have been delivered with bases that replicate Tony's Holo desks or a projection puck. Just something to accentuate the translucency because I think there's a cool figure in this somewhere, but it's just not being sold to it's potential.

These should have been delivered with bases that replicate Tony's Holo desks or a projection puck. Just something to accentuate the translucency because I think there's a cool figure in this somewhere, but it's just not being sold to it's potential.
Yup. I wouldn't bother displaying this unless if I had some cool under light display base for it.

They should have included one even if it was a small round one. I remember they used to sell a 1/6 illuminated display stand.

dDYb4HW.png

61inGYBIK5L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

This thing looks ridiculous with the mix of painted pieces and translucent plastic. If they're going to make a translucent figure, I'd prefer the whole thing be translucent (with the right lighting it may have looked pretty good). It looks like 70% of the arm is non-translucent. It takes away from the effect the piece is supposed to have.

I've ordered so far:
Hologram Mk IV
Tony Stark Mech Test 2.0 Super Ultra Deluxe Collector's Special Limited Criterion Collection Exclusive Edition (the one with the free Skittles)
Mysterio's Iron Man Illusion
Waiting on:
Anti-Ock Spider-Man
Classic Suit Spider-Man

I'm glad some of these don't come out for a while.

This thing looks ridiculous with the mix of painted pieces and translucent plastic. If they're going to make a translucent figure, I'd prefer the whole thing be translucent (with the right lighting it may have looked pretty good). It looks like 70% of the arm is non-translucent. It takes away from the effect the piece is supposed to have.

I watched Justin's review. I don't know what to say besides it looks really cheap and unappealing.

I appreciate the sentiment and what they were trying to go for, but they should have sacrificed the die-cast to increase translucency. But I suspect their production line doesn't exist for non-diecast armors anymore, and all those parts that are die-cast now would have to be retooled in plastic which would be a bottomless pit in development cost.

Interestingly enough, I think this concept has a fruitful life as a different line: the power pose series. I'd totally be down for some 1/6 hologram-esque statuettes that lit up. They'd look awesome on a desk.

They gave the 4 and 6 the neon tech treatment. Wouldn't be surprised if we got the 6 in hologram format as well.... maybe a war machine too lol

Back