Iron Man 2 - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark IV (Holographic Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this is inevitable but it'll be a regular release.

I?d like to see that zombie figure too but I give it about a 5% chance of happening at this point. People highly overestimate how many times Hot Toys has actually gone back and announced a brand new figure for a movie months after it has hit theaters. Outside of the big ensemble Avengers type movies, it really doesn?t happen often. Krennic is one of the only real examples that pops into my head, and I think maybe Shuri? I guess you would count all the HPP suits from Iron Man 3 that they spaced out over years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the zombie iron man will require too much effort and retooling for Hot Toys to take on.

I have to agree. As much as I'd LOVE a zombie Iron Man, I don't see HT going that far... Of course it IS Iron Man so you can never rule it out with HT.

IF they do make one, I just hope they make the whole figure normal instead of including the blocky holographic simulation loading effect like the Iron Studios statue.
I was going to get that, but that detail on the legs was really off-putting, even if it is accurate.

For that detail at least, it's one I'm hoping they wouldn't bother with. I wouldn't mind a green simulation cloud base, but I also just want a zombie iron man regardless of the simulation and that loading effect ruins that possibility :dunno :lol i'm probably asking too much.

az.jpg

Wow, this is already available??? LMAOOOOO!!! No wonder Gamora is taking forever to release! :lol

Chinese video, doesn't look great to be honest.

Brief summary of the video:
- Diecast but lighter as some of the previous diecast found on MK IV (thigh, lower leg) were removed.
- Base colour of the plastic is awful, not even helped with edge painting on some pieces as they were not discernible at all
- A lot of missed opportunities with accessories, and quite a few are removed again as compared to neon tech version
- Light up function is cool with the translucent parts
- No UV reactive paint on the figure
- Provided stand could have been so much better if its light up in the shape of the arc reactor and create more depth to the figure
- Overall, not worth a buy especially right now as the price is high since there are limited quantity in the market. Unless you are a diehard fan of Iron Man.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the video. I think this looks pretty neat, honestly. Miles better and more interesting of a variant than the neon tech stuff. But I guess it is still cool to hate on Iron Man releases, even though there really have not been all that many here the last couple years compared to when they were churning out all the HPP suits and Mk 7 variants.

I have been sticking to the movie suits only, but this is really tempting. If it ends up hanging around a while for a discount like this last batch of neon tech, I would definitely cave. My other issue is that it would just start a new rabbit hole because you know they will do all of the same other IM2 suits like this as well. But man, a holographic, maybe grey and black clear plastic version of War Machine Mk 1 would look pretty incredible.

I also absolutely hate these figure stands with the completely glossy surfaces that get scratched up 5 seconds after you set the figure on it. Usually just end up leaving the protective film in place.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the video. I think this looks pretty neat, honestly. Miles better and more interesting of a variant than the neon tech stuff. But I guess it is still cool to hate on Iron Man releases, even though there really have not been all that many here the last couple years compared to when they were churning out all the HPP suits and Mk 7 variants.

I have been sticking to the movie suits only, but this is really tempting. If it ends up hanging around a while for a discount like this last batch of neon tech, I would definitely cave. My other issue is that it would just start a new rabbit hole because you know they will do all of the same other IM2 suits like this as well. But man, a holographic, maybe grey and black clear plastic version of War Machine Mk 1 would look pretty incredible.

I also absolutely hate these figure stands with the completely glossy surfaces that get scratched up 5 seconds after you set the figure on it. Usually just end up leaving the protective film in place.

No problem, just edited my post to reflect that the summary points were from the reviewer himself not mine.

I do think it will look nice if there's some light up stand and the figure is placed on top of it because it will really reflect the holographic nature of the figure. Though there are a lot of missed opportunities with the paint app on certain areas, such as the back panels air brakes.

Will have to see how's the pricing is, it may get sold out even though people complained about it.

I don't see any "hate" in that review. They look like well reasoned criticisms to me.

He doesn't hate it, just felt that there's a lot of missed opportunities and seems more like a cash grab then trying to do something really nice with the theme.

That said, his advice is to not buy now since it only just released and its in limited quantities, perhaps when more are out in the market then it would be good to buy, if one so desires.

The problem is that unpainted plastic is going to look very cheap in most cases and the paint is usually what makes these Iron Man figures so good. They missed the mark with paint on some like Sneaky and that came out a bit toyish as well.

Back