InArt Thorin Oakenshield 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked Justin on his channel the following:

"can you ask Inart if you are still there or in contact with them how they ended up deciding on making Thorin instead of a more popular LOTR Fellowship character like Legolas or Gimli for example?"

His answer: "I mean it’s not binary like a yes or no. They can make everything it’ll just be a matter of what their artists feel like they want to work on first"

What the hell is Justin smoking?
You didn’t ask a yes or no question so I don’t know why he felt the need to state it’s not a yes or no answer…

‘What’s the thought process behind this decision?’
‘Well, it’s not a yes or no answer…’

No ****, Sherlock.

Last edited:
What the hell is Justin smoking?
You didn’t ask a yes or no question so I don’t know why he felt the need to state it’s not a yes or no answer…

‘What’s the thought process behind this decision’
‘Well, it’s not a yes or no answer…’

No ****, Sherlock.
English is obviously not my first language but somehow I thought exactly the same , I didnt ask a yes or no question, why the hell is he answering like that. :D

English is obviously not my first language but somehow I thought exactly the same , I didnt ask a yes or no question, why the hell is he answering like that. :D
Well, it’s clearly not a ‘binary’ situation!
1696368376870.gif

There’s always the possibility that the massively overblown lighting at this show has impacted the appearance of the hair.
If the material is anything like my own hair then it can appear anywhere from blonde to black depending on the light and degree of damp/grease. And we shall not speak of the pair of grey hairs emerging from my sideburns.

Thorin should have blondish grey highlights at the front of his hair while the top, back and braids are darker brown.

I only found one online reference that looks anywhere near as bright as InArt have done the hair though
2E9AC96D-0E49-4D4B-940A-3B787D6779B2.jpeg

In the movie, it’s not quite as prominent
BFAB2206-30EA-41D8-9D76-6B26C207738F.jpeg

Doubt I’ll be getting this/ even though I really enjoy looking at it.
I just did not care for the Hobbit trilogy.

There’s always the possibility that the massively overblown lighting at this show has impacted the appearance of the hair.
If the material is anything like my own hair then it can appear anywhere from blonde to black depending on the light and degree of damp/grease. And we shall not speak of the pair of grey hairs emerging from my sideburns.

Thorin should have blondish grey highlights at the front of his hair while the top, back and braids are darker brown.

I only found one online reference that looks anywhere near as bright as InArt have done the hair though
Yep. Far as I know - bein' my fav ME character, very dark brunette with silver/blonde streaks. Most of the time looks black on camera with silver streaks. I figure the outdoor/sunlight shots aren't too color graded so they are accurate.

Thorin_PR_shot1.jpg

Thorinaxe__opt.jpg

All this time never knew Thorin had some sort of man purse for a while, strapped to the shield. I'd have to go digging at cosplayer sights to get a better look. It must get ditched at some point along with the hair clips/beads that were in back.

Thorin_back_AUJ.jpg

Finally InArt seems to be right about the cloak color, which all this time I thought was a dark gray or blue - but I was thinking of the DOS opening. Huh. Learn something when you start picking at costume details.
So I assume with the axe and all, InArt is using AUJ as the reference. And possibly hair color and other details got changed up as filming went along.:banghead

Thorin_bag_end.jpg

Sure looks olive green here. Huh. That's awfully ELVISH:monkey3. Man, these shots remind me of how fascinated I was by Thorin's armor. Still give ASMUS major kudos for that, I was actually tapping my first Thorin to see if they had used metal and it still looks pristine - no chips or peeling. :clap

Anyway tho hope this gets produced, maybe the hair thing IS accurate with really strong lighting, there's plenty of reference material even from behind the scenes. I'll get two, budget be *&^%. :monkey2 The fur is growing on me, tho I think InArt can do better - not real fur, but there's all kinds of grades of fake fur.
With ASMUS' Thranduil coming up, thankfully there's always ramen noodles and sponging on the fam for leftovers. Holidays are a great time to buy figs.:lol

Last edited:
Agreed.
I will be ordering for sure.

Hoping InArt does a female character from LOTR next e.g Galadriel or Arwen.
2nd tier in their scheme of things I guess,but still...
While I know she isn't in the book, therefore some hold that against her/Peter J, I would love to see InArt do Tauriel along with the others you mentioned. She doesn't require a groundbreaking full rubber or silicone body since she's pretty much covered head to toe on clothing/armor with only a slightly exposed neck.

Last edited:
Any sign of a pre order for this?
I believe it was mentioned somewhere on the forum that the InArt spokesperson said the next InArt PO will be an LOTR item during a live stream. What we don't know is if the spokesperson is using the LOTR term as an all encompassing term for middle earth items and therefore could be Thorin; or, if they meant an actual LOTR figure that we haven't even seen a preview for like Legolas or the Nazgul.

Last edited:
Back