InArt Thorin Oakenshield 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks great. I really like the base.

Attachments

• IMG_9080.jpeg
    IMG_9080.jpeg
    487.6 KB · Views: 0
I'd love to see his armour included with this release, that would really make me want to buy. The face sculpt looks off to me, but then that could be the high expectations from their other figures.

I just keep scratching my head… why Thorin? Great looking figure but strange pick for an upcoming release.
Could be one of the team members' favorite character? Or could be a shot at Asmus considering Thorin was typically viewed to be one of their best looking figures.

There are already a lot of nice costume upgrades from the Asmus version but the sculpt isn't great and of course, the most obvious blunder...why is he blonde?! 🤣

It's really cool to see a new version of the character and all but having sold all my Hobbit figures apart from Thorin, it's a rabbit hole I don't want to go back down. Great for those who want him though!

P.s. his head is too big for the body.

Looks like his cloak is there too.
That thrills me, it's something I wanted for a while, and one day was gonna try to tackle it myself. Plus the axe he was carrying in the grasslands. There's no such thing as too many dwarven weapons.

This is my favorite ME character so thanks to all for posting the pictures:). There's a lot I like here including the Erebor green base - really nice touch.

And there's things IMO that need tweaking (unless the light in the room is draining color; Movie Costumes like Thorin Oakenshield don't come along often. Fur color is way off. The sword Deathless looks very good; ASMUS is good but plastic; this looks diecast. Original cloak was dark blue wool, as far as I know - gotta dig to check that.

There are already a lot of nice costume upgrades from the Asmus version but the sculpt isn't great and of course, the most obvious blunder...why is he blonde?! 🤣
Yeah, I think he looks sad for Thorin. Thorin did look sad at times, yeah, but he was fierce a lot of the time. And far as I know the (real) hair had a base of really dark brunette, this is too light IMO.

I think the ASMUS fig is pretty well perfect in its price range, including the sculpt. So for me it's just icing on the cake. If it gets produced I'll get two.

But not gonna get over excited until it's clear there's a production run. *Economically* around the world things just seem too unstable. Or supply chains.

Orcrist is on his back now I can see it. :D
Maybe they are gonna do something fancy like a real bone grip. Not sure how far InArt will push things. I wish they had included the bow from Beorn's place and the white hart. Tho I finally got a bow I think will work. Most 1/6 bows are longbows or those elvish things. :monkey3

Last edited:
Back