InArt Thorin Oakenshield 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giimli86

Super Freak
Reaction score
Seems like Thorin Oakenshield is on the menu boys!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1695896526312.jpg
    FB_IMG_1695896526312.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 6
I was half hoping it was a Gimli, but I'm sure he's on their LotR list.
Same.
While it is cool they do it, it feels again that they dip into so many franchises and makes me feel that they stretch themselves too thin.
I mean they wont do all the dwarves for sure.
Maybe a Bilbo, a Dwalin and a Balin.
Gandalf the Grey is already fitting here as well.
Bard/Tauriel? Not likely.
Legolas will be made from FOTR.

I...think that is Thorin? Which means they would have acquired another Middle Earth license and that's pretty cool. There's hope for The Two Towers and Return of the King...and Theoden!

Interesting they went for The Hobbit though. Middle Earth, I believe, wasn't all that popular in China, particularly The Hobbit (which wasn't popular anywhere lol). I'm certainly down for Thorin but since they already did Gandalf, I can't imagine them doing much from that line outside of a Freeman Bilbo. Which would be cool since they likely won't do a Holm one.

While it is cool they do it, it feels again that they dip into so many franchises and makes me feel that they stretch themselves too thin.
I mean they wont do all the dwarves for sure.
Maybe a Bilbo, a Dwalin and a Balin.
Gandalf the Grey is already fitting here as well.
Bard/Tauriel? Not likely.
Legolas will be made from FOTR.

Thorin is a cool character but how the whole Hobbit movies and Thorin was depicted and I mean mostly that they decided that almost no dwarf had a dwarvish beard for the reason that people need to be able to recognize and tell them apart actually made him look like way too human imo.
Cant believe I am saying this as i love dwarves in almost any fantasy series and I am no elf fan at all but yeah, Legolas would have been better and then Gimli later on.

Wow, this is out of left field.
The Asmus Thorin is probably one of their very best figures, right next to Gimli - so this may not attract many customers who already have him nor customers who aren't too into the Hobbit movies [which lets be honest had a.... mixed reception]
With that said, Thorin is a visually very interesting character with many cool design choices that Inart could nail, he was also alongside Bilbo and Thranduil the standouts of the Hobbit movies - I can see people seeing the proto and being drawn to this figure out of sheer visual appeal.
I know that I for one will be tempted - I liked Armitage as Thorin and I think his character design is very cool [if not a touch too attractive and young].
What really excites be about this is the possibility of an Inart Thranduil, the smaller bodies for Gimli and the Hobbits, and the ongoing desire to make figures from Middle Earth.

Thorin is a cool character but how the whole Hobbit movies and Thorin was depicted and I mean mostly that they decided that almost no dwarf had a dwarvish beard for the reason that people need to be able to recognize and tell them apart actually made him look like way too human imo.
Cant believe I am saying this as i love dwarves in almost any fantasy series and I am no elf fan at all but yeah, Legolas would have been better and then Gimli later on.
They can practice on Thorin, then make the perfect Gimli thereafter.

Back