BEST 1/6 FIGURE OF THE YEAR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My figure of the year is KP's Nosferatu (Web exclusive). The sculpting and tailoring along with the beautiful diorama and other extras make it a fantastic set.

BCS Shelby bros from Peaky Blinders are a close second. The bodies and paint apps may not be the best, but the head sculpts and tailoring make up for it, and there's a wealth of accessories.
Adding to that the figures are unique and the show is one of my all time favourites.

INART Joker... I only bought the stand alone version, but since picking up a rooted head sculpt and swapping out the coat for the TOPO V2 i'm loving it a whole lot more.

HT Bespin Luke 2.0... Very nice figure with the head sculpt and light-up base being the stand outs. I still have to get around to weathering up the clothes.

SS Blondie....The head sculpt could have been better but the tailoring and accessories again make for it. Anyways the great man signed it off, so that's good enough for me.:cool:

DSC_0212.JPG
DSC_0003.JPG
DSC_0204.JPG
DSC-0023.jpg
DSC_0081.JPG

Well, I’ve changed my mind. Inart Joker is 2nd place. I keep looking at Carnage and that is my favorite figure if the year. It’s so damn cool with the tentacles and arm switch outs. Inart Joker is the best Ledger Joker, but Carnage has the holy **** factor.
I don’t have a picture of Carnage by itself on my phone right now, but these 4 are my favorite pickups of 2023.
69C84FC8-0327-4846-A269-7E226EAE34E5.jpeg

Well, I’ve changed my mind. Inart Joker is 2nd place. I keep looking at Carnage and that is my favorite figure if the year. It’s so damn cool with the tentacles and arm switch outs. Inart Joker is the best Ledger Joker, but Carnage has the holy **** factor.
I don’t have a picture of Carnage by itself on my phone right now, but these 4 are my favorite pickups of 2023.View attachment 681581

I’m not sure those statues qualify as “figures” in this context.

Great picks everyone! I enjoy reading members’ different perspectives and experiences when it comes to collecting :)

Tons and tons of great figures to choose from!

My personal, ranked list of top picks of 1/6 figures from this past year:

1. Hot Toys Wonder Woman 1984 (Regular Armor)
2. InArt The Dark Knight Joker (Premium, sculpted hair two-pack)
3. Hot Toys Justice League Cyborg
4. Hot Toys The Mandalorian Bo-Katan Kryze
5. Hot Toys WandaVision Scarlet Witch

Last edited:
Hmmmmm.... I did not get that many figures outside of armoured Star Wars ones and many of them were older releases so limited options to choose from but perhaps my top 5 would be

HT Crosshair
HT Hunter
HT Heavy trooper with Barc speeder
3Z Ultraman Taro
3Z Ultraman zero

However if counting ones I do not yet own...

HT Buzz Lightyear
HT Cad Bane
HT Iron man mk3 2.0
HT The Batman
Inart Pennywise

Would all prob be great contenders

If we are talking most impactful figure of the year for me (not best) then Doomslayer by Mondo was something I was very excited to get and comes with loads of accessories. That is the figure that jumps to mind when I think of 2023.

Late to the party...
But Mars 1966 Joker is easy for me.
3 heads
Great tailoring
Nice packaging
A figure on many bucket lists

When I think of best, I try to think of it like a Venn diagram, with appearance, value, and improvement on the list. Like, okay, we know Hot Toys is gonna knock it out of the park on most occasions, so while yes my Wandavision Scarlet Witch is fantastic, it isn't mind-blowing beyond what Hot Toys has done before. And, of course, the price on it (as with all Hot Toys these days).
So with that in mind, my choices for the BEST ones are below:
1) Carnage
Carnage 1.jpg
Carnage 2.jpg

He's big, he's bold, he has a TON of accessories, including a partially unmasked Eddie Brock. Yeah, he's expensive, but you can see where every penny went on it. He makes my whole Spidey display pop.
2) Exo6 TMP Kirk and Spock
1000001197[10261].jpg

Exo-6 makes Star Trek figures that are cheap (relatively) and high quality in terms of costuming. Their sculpts and paint, while usually good-to-great, are not on par with Hot Toys, but it's also very much a niche license. That said, their Kirk and Spock from The Motion Picture exceeded their normal expectations. Light on accessories, but more because of the source material than anything else, and what it does come with is absolutely perfect. I love the clasped Spock hands, and the pins. Great work all around.

3) Exo-6 Quark
1000001200[10262].jpg
1000001198[10263].jpg

Once again Exo6 nails it, this time with Quark. The costume is fantastic, the sculpt came out better than the previews indicated, and something somewhat different for Exo6, he has a TON of accessories. A slip, strip, bar, and brick of latinum, the rules of acquisition, and a PADD. Fantastic stuff.
4) Exo6 Locutus
1000001199[10260].jpg

Exo6 really hit a home run with Locutus. Superb outfit, light-up feature, excellent sculpt AND paint. I really just have nothing negative I could say about it.
5) Hot Toys Moon Knight
1000001201[10264].jpg

What could have been a very bland release, with a lot of negative feedback from the initial solicts. And yet, when it came out, it looked outstanding, with a great base and a gorgeous costume. Moonie was already a favorite of mine from childhood, but I was over the moon when I saw just how well he came out.

Back