Hugh Laurie as House Custom Headsculpt by Chris Howes Interest Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious, what if we see the sculpt and we are unhappy with it? Are we locked in? Will we get pics before we pay?

If the price goes to $20 + $15 for the cane I am in.

Ironically, just you saying yes puts us in the $20 bracket. Consider yourself on the list.

Just curious, what if we see the sculpt and we are unhappy with it? Are we locked in? Will we get pics before we pay?

I imagine it will work just like the Jokers and Bruce Wayne. We'll see the sculpt before we have to pay.

Chris jump in here if I'm saying anything wrong.

Actually, Anzik said he wanted two if we got to the $20 price...and if he gets two, we're there already. What'd that take, 28 hours?

Yeah, that didn't take long at all. I knew there was a lot of demand for House so I'm glad I was able to prove it :lol

We made it! 15! :banana :rock

Ironically, just you saying yes puts us in the $20 bracket. Consider yourself on the list.

I imagine it will work just like the Jokers and Bruce Wayne. We'll see the sculpt before we have to pay.

Chris jump in here if I'm saying anything wrong.

Awesome :rock :rock :rock :rock

Yeah, that didn't take long at all. I knew there was a lot of demand for House so I'm glad I was able to prove it :lol

We made it! 15! :banana :rock
I think the reason you got this far so quickly is through your great organisational skills, Buttly. Well researched, advance contact with Chris, and hitting it hard and heavy. A fantastic outcome. Well done. :clap

You about one step away from a production line. You've even provided a parts list, so you just need a painter to wrap this project up in a tight bundle. :joy

I think the reason you got this far so quickly is through your great organisational skills, Buttly. Well researched, advance contact with Chris, and hitting it hard and heavy. A fantastic outcome. Well done. :clap

You about one step away from a production line. You've even provided a parts list, so you just need a painter to wrap this project up in a tight bundle. :joy

Thanks Creecher! That really means a lot to me :rock Buttly :lol

I gotta give KBA credit for giving me the final push to actually get Chris onboard with this. He also provided me the link to that custom House some comic artist did a while back. Many of you expressed interest in a sculpt then, so it seemed logical to let you guys know about this.

I'm just glad that we're going to finally get an excellent House sculpt! I'm thrilled so many of you fill the same way.

Hopefully I've kept this organized enough to make it easier on Chris' end.

Yeah, wont be too hard at all, do have a pic of that other House custom?

Any suggestions on which clothes to use for the figure? I specifically plan on using a Hot Toys body.

I imagine most 1:6 clothing would fit, but I honestly don't know. I've only got a handful of Hot Toys figures and none of them have been customs.

I never want to force anyone! Hopefully it won't be an issue. :D

Check out my website CHowes.com, read my Figures.com interview and look at my Joker heads painted by Kuato to see the kind of quality I bring and to learn a bit about me, your humble sculptor...:lol

Hopefully you'll see you can commit with confidence. I always post WIP photos and ask for input..... and I actually listen! If you see the end result and say, "what a piece of crap!" I won't hold you to your commitment. So, worry not, my friend.

I never want to force anyone! Hopefully it won't be an issue. :D

Check out my website CHowes.com, read my Figures.com interview and look at my Joker heads painted by Kuato to see the kind of quality I bring and to learn a bit about me, your humble sculptor...:lol

Hopefully you'll see you can commit with confidence. I always post WIP photos and ask for input..... and I actually listen! If you see the end result and say, "what a piece of crap!" I won't hold you to your commitment. So, worry not, my friend.

I have seen your work and it is great, not doubting you or anything, but Hugh Laurie is funky looking dude, :lol, I can imagine he will be a hard likeness to pull off.

But I am in, I would LOVE to have a kick ass House sculpt :rock

:lol

I really have to thank you for accepting this project Chris. I've been wanting a House figure for a couple of years now, but it isn't exactly the merchandising type of show so I've been SOL so far. I'm thrilled to get someone as gifted as you to sculpt. I haven't been disapointed with one of your sculpts yet! :bow

I have seen your work and it is great, not doubting you or anything, but Hugh Laurie is funky looking dude, :lol, I can imagine he will be a hard likeness to pull off.

But I am in, I would LOVE to have a kick ass House sculpt :rock

Here's a little secret..... the funkier looking the face, the easier it is to get a likeness.

The hardest likenesses are those that are young, smooth, symmetrical without any extreme features. Absolute worst are young beautiful female faces. The amount of subtlety required to pull it off is amazing. The SLIGHTEST change can ruin or make that sort of face. My Summer Glau head is a good example. She was challenging! I think I got her finally, but, man, she took a lot of work! It was gratifying when I finally felt it was her looking back at me. Now I'm putting hair on her, BTW...

But someone like Laurie gives me all sorts of "landmarks" to grab on to. I can fool your eye into seeing his face with just a few of these.

Here is an exercise I have sculptors I've trained do, and I still do it myself all the time without even thinking....

When you are walking around in public choose a face at random. Glance at it for only 1/4 of a second or less, just the blink of an eye. Look away, close your eyes and distill the essence of that face in your mind. What makes that face unique? Why can you now recognize that face after only seeing it for a fraction of a second? Focus on those "landmarks". As you do this you'll begin to see them as a black and white map in your mind's eye. And the more you do it the better you will become at instantly pulling out those elements.

There are just these few elements that will allow you to recognize that face in a crowd without the need for detail. Look at the face again for a few seconds and see how your impression matches up. Just don't creep them out by staring!:D

Now, compare young pretty faces and old craggy faces with this technique. See how much easier it is to nail the likeness on the faces with more character. There's just a lot more to work with.

But enough with the Yoda BS!:rotfl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back