Ht Toys Reissue Mark IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one has any right in telling anyone why they should buy hot toys or not.

If details don't matter in someone's purchase, that's their choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being aware of the details makes for a more informed decision. It's about education and letting him know that maybe he should take a closer look, not about telling him how to make his purchase. Maybe he does and realizes "yeah there are difference, but not enough to warrant paying $130 more." Or "wow, I'm glad I looked more closely, the DC one looks way better."

Didn't think agreeing that details matter in a hobby such as this (where details are the difference between a ScarJo and Natalie Portman headsculpt or SS Vader and HT Vader) would warrant someone else defending his honor.

It's really not, which is what prompted my response. People buy Hot Toys for the QUALITY and DETAIL... Do I need to explain the rest or is that too hard to comprehend for you?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I didn't take any personal shots at you but you took one at me. I'll let that slide.

I understand clearly that one of HTs biggest draws are their attention to detail. But that doesn't mean that's the only reason why people should buy Hot Toys

But to tell someone don't buy HTs if that person doesn't care about detail is just absurd. That person can spend their money the way they want too for the reason they want too.

Last edited:
Being aware of the details makes for a more informed decision. It's about education and letting him know that maybe he should take a closer look, not about telling him how to make his purchase. Maybe he does and realizes "yeah there are difference, but not enough to warrant paying $130 more." Or "wow, I'm glad I looked more closely, the DC one looks way better."

Didn't think agreeing that details matter in a hobby such as this (where details are the difference between a ScarJo and Natalie Portman headsculpt or SS Vader and HT Vader) would warrant someone else defending his honor.

I agree with you 100% but I'm not telling another person how to spend their money even if I don't agree with the looks. They like it, they like it. I'm not telling them they're wrong

Dude, you highlighted a complaetely different statement and said "This"

Now youre saying its about informing someone, go back and read what you said... Bran was just saying people buy for various reasons and they shouldn't be demeaned for buying what they want, which is what you were agreeing to...

edit: this is what you were saying "this" to

And if the details don't matter I don't see why you would care about hot toys at all.

Now youre saying its about informing someone, go back and read what you said... Bran was just saying people buy for various reasons and they shouldn't be demeaned for buying what they want, which is what you were agreeing to...

Ahem... This

that's what this board has been missing for a while - a good ol' stoush over what dolls other people choose to buy with their own money :lol

that's what this board has been missing for a while - a good ol' stoush over what dolls other people choose to buy with their own money :lol

This subject seems awfully familiar doesn't it...

Unless you have money to blow and/or simply don't care, then the details are the difference between buying a $230 figure and a $360 figure. He stated that "they look exactly the same." Am I wrong to think that it should matter?

I specifically bolded a portion of Motux's response because I agree with it. If that's interpreted as demeaning that wasn't my intent. I just honestly think details are what make HTs what they are.

Unless you have money to blow and/or simply don't care, then the details are the difference between buying a $230 figure and a $360 figure. He stated that "they look exactly the same." Am I wrong to think that it should matter?

I specifically bolded a portion of Motux's response because I agree with it. If that's interpreted as demeaning that wasn't my intent. I just honestly think details are what make HTs what they are.

of course the differences between the two matter to some of us, personally Im buyiing the diecast because I find it to be superior and can articulate why it is, the price is really the only advantage for the reissue. However motus post reads as fairly demeaning, basically saying why are you buying hot toys if you dont appreciate screen accurate detail, and you agreed with that, then Bran just said that people shouldn't be demeaned for wanting to spend their money a certain way, thats all. You, Me, Motu and probably Bran if he were still collecting would be going with the DC, doesnt mean everyone who doesnt shouldn't be interested in Hot Toys other, older products

as for the guy saying they look the same, if I showed both of them to my Grandma she would say the exact same thing :lol

Just sayin

of course the differences between the two matter to some of us, personally Im buyiing the diecast because I find it to be superior and can articulate why it is, the price is really the only advantage for the reissue. However motus post reads as fairly demeaning, basically saying why are you buying hot toys if you dont appreciate screen accurate detail, and you agreed with that, then Bran just said that people shouldn't be demeaned for wanting to spend their money a certain way, thats all. You, Me, Motu and probably Bran if he were still collecting would be going with the DC, doesnt mean everyone who doesnt shouldn't be interested in Hot Toys other, older products

as for the guy saying they look the same, if I showed both of them to my Grandma she would say the exact same thing :lol

Just sayin

Well said.

And the guy is entitled to his opinion, I don't agree that they look the same but I'm not gonna look down on him for it :lol

And I'm gonna get the DC eventually, I'm not completely out of the 1:6th just more stingy with how I spend my money.

One of the biggest differences between the diecast 6 and the reissue for me are the paint jobs. I way prefer the more screen accurate looking wear and tear paint job than the totally clean one. (Never mind the extra lights, base, and accessories) the paint job, lack of rubber parts, and improved articulation are what makes a big difference to me.

I'd even like to see a 3rd mark 42.. One using the 43's articulation but with an updated paint job.

Anyways.. For me, I prefer the diecast and accessories. I can understand that some people just aren't interested in those and would rather save a decent chuck of money.. But the way I see it, I'd rather spend more money for something that I think is better.

I basically read Motux's response (specifically what I highlighted) as "details should probably matter with HTs." If there was an undertone of demeaning the guy, that's not what I was going for.

I posted those comparison pics before Motux did, so to read that "they look exactly the same" indicates to me that he didn't care one bit to really look at the figures. But maybe it's just as foreign to him as the difference between OT Stormtroopers and R1 troopers are to me. In which case I can kind of see where he's coming from.

Ultimately, as a blanket statement regarding anything, I agree with Bran. Which is why at no point did I ever say he should buy one over the other. Or either, for that matter.

I basically read Motux's response (specifically what I highlighted) as "details should probably matter with HTs." If there was an undertone of demeaning the guy, that's not what I was going for.

I posted those comparison pics before Motux did, so to read that "they look exactly the same" indicates to me that he didn't care one bit to really look at the figures. But maybe it's just as foreign to him as the difference between OT Stormtroopers and R1 troopers as me. In which case I can kind of see where he's coming from.

Ultimately, as a blanket statement regarding anything, I agree with Bran. Which is why at no point did I ever say he should buy one over the other. Or either, for that matter.

Cool, all on the same page now

Anyone who already has this know if this release has the pink panties issue? Or has it not been long enough?

I didn't take any personal shots at you but you took one at me. I'll let that slide.

Really?

He just called me stupid.

And you are saying I called you stupid?

It's not that hard to comprehend

What are you insinuating?

Anyways, maybe you didn't mean what I thought you meant. In which case, it really does not matter.

Point of the matter that we were discussing was if the guy didn't care about details, why Hot Toys?

No one said anything about what the guy should/shouldn't purchase. Neither me, Motux or Sogs.
No one was looking down on him either. We were basically asking why Hot Toys if they didn't care about detail.
How is that demeaning?

Back