Ht Toys Reissue Mark IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's so different about the two. Look exactly the same to me.

absolutely_right_zoolander.gif

Well besides one being from IM2 and the other being from Avengers

The Avengers VI has a battle damaged paint job and battle damaged parts etc, extras, LED's additional parts and a new dio base

Other than that they are basically the same armor so they won't look very different piece by piece

Hmmm I'm close to dropping some reward points on this since I don't have a Mark IV. My only hesitation is the pink panty potential...

I'll wait for the diecast VI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to assume that they've fixed the paint deterioration problem for the re-issue... Right? I sold me original because of it...

Really? The DC has about 15 additional points of articulation in the form of the avengers weapons (the reindeer games scene with Loki)..two to three time the light up effects, a hard plastic crotch section, helmeted face head,(look at the back of the arms...one has a magnetic battery cover and the other has the screw on the outside)..and a handful of other things. Then there's the base, accessories and so on.

Just look at how different they are in these two pics. Pretty easy to tell which is which.

IMG_6756.JPG
IMG_6757.JPG

Last edited:
Really? The DC has about 15 additional points of articulation in the form of the avengers weapons (the reindeer games scene with Loki)..two to three time the light up effects, a hard plastic crotch section, helmeted face head,(look at the back of the arms...one has a magnetic battery cover and the other has the screw on the outside)..and a handful of other things. Then there's the base, accessories and so on.

Just look at how different they are in these two pics. Pretty easy to tell which is which.
He meant design wise I'm guessing :lecture

View attachment 304850
View attachment 304851

They really using the faceplate with the giant eyes again? Finally fixed it with the newer Mk7 variants and now bring that ugly thing right back

The mk6 reissue is not an indication of future plans. They are using a 6 year old mold. Notice the mk6dc has a different faceplate.

I was talking about the plastic one in comparison to the DC one obviously, but also comparing from the original Mk7 to the Stealth, Snow, chrome midas. Its lazy. They made minor updates to the Mk7 before painting it a new color selling it again (recognizing that yes, the Mk7 had bug eyes and it looked bad), it wouldn't be beyond all possibility to tweak the exact problem on the 4/6 before selling them yet over again. There's nothing to defend on the "we'll crank more of these out but keep them kinda crappy so you should just cough up and extra $100 for the DC one" front.

View attachment 304850
View attachment 304851

I was more or less talking about the iv. You have a pic of the vi. But whatever, looks exactly the same to me. Having a few extra features does not change appearance.

On the "new" IV and VI, both figures are a scaled back version of the original releases. They were only released in the Shanghai market to kind of give new collectors a shot at the classic armors. (not fact, just my perceived observation) They feature way less accessories, redesigned back flaps, (no more snap on flaps) and slightly less detailed pieces. The obvious parts would be the arms. Since they don't come with interchangeable armor or weapon pieces the arms have less detail. They also did not update the hands with angled repulsor hands, so that part is true to the original. If you have the Workshop Accessories set, you can update the hands since IV and VI are essentially the same armor.
To me, these figures were a "bone" being thrown to the Asian market so they could at least have something from the first figures. The new die cast VI is far better than the original IM2 VI and Avengers VI (opinion) because of the newer features, details, etc. I wouldn't hesitate to say that a newer die cast IV is coming at some point. If they're smart, it will include newer versions of all the old accessories, a better head sculpt, (maybe with the high tech crossword puzzle visible on the neck) no snap on flaps, angled repulsor hands, and maybe, another gantry. We'll see. I've preordered the DC VI, I would definitely order a DC IV.
Ryan

I'm happy to order this MK 4 since I didn't plan on shelling out the big bucks for a die cast version of the armor whenever it comes out ... I'll save that honor for the Mark VI.

This is the only review of the reissue that I've seen but that makes sense since it was such a limited release and the hardcore collectors probably already had the original. I don't understand the language so it doesn't help much haha

I was more or less talking about the iv. You have a pic of the vi. But whatever, looks exactly the same to me. Having a few extra features does not change appearance.

There supposed to look similar are the not? They are representing the same thing. Anything that's going for a screen accurate representation of a specific thing should look mostly the same. But they are very clearly different releases. And if the details don't matter I don't see why you would care about hot toys at all. There are much cheaper toys in that case.

As for my pics being about the mk6...well the post I initially reply to asked about the 6..then two photos identical to what I posted where posted and then you said "they look identical". Given there was no pictures of the mk4, and the previous page was talking about the 6 I don't think I made to much of a leap in assuming you where also commenting on that discussion. Otherwise feel free to let me know what it was you thought looked identical.

Last edited:
Here is an interesting difference...
mkvi-dif.jpg
The diecast is on the left and the plastic one is on the right. Clearly the inner workings revealed around the arc reactor with the chest armor removed is different. I'm not sure why, maybe this detail was different in IronMan2 from Avengers, then again I am not sure this detail is always shown in the films anyway so maybe this is just creative license on Hot Toys part. I welcome any insight others might have.

There supposed to look similar are the not? They are representing the same thing. Anything that's going for a screen accurate representation of a specific thing should look mostly the same. But they are very clearly different releases. And if the details don't matter I don't see why you would care about hot toys at all. There are much cheaper toys in that case.

This.

Here is an interesting difference...
View attachment 304878
The diecast is on the left and the plastic one is on the right. Clearly the inner workings revealed around the arc reactor with the chest armor removed is different. I'm not sure why, maybe this detail was different in IronMan2 from Avengers, then again I am not sure this detail is always shown in the films anyway so maybe this is just creative license on Hot Toys part. I welcome any insight others might have.

I think that's just Hot Toys taking creative license or maybe referencing some concept art, because I know we never saw what was under the chest armor in any of the suit's film appearances.

As for my pics being about the mk6...well the post I initially reply to asked about the 6..then two photos identical to what I posted where posted and then you said "they look identical". Given there was no pictures of the mk4, and the previous page was talking about the 6 I don't think I made to much of a leap in assuming you where also commenting on that discussion. Otherwise feel free to let me know what it was you thought looked identical.

Oh thank you kind sir for putting me in my place. I don't know where I would be in life without your kind. Your prime intellect is much appreciated!

Last edited:
Back