Howard Chan - New Years Interview - Iron Man, Batman, BTTF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bit of a blah-de-blah interview. Translation isn't great but I think the gist of it is Iron Man, Iron Man, Iron Man, Iron Man, Batman Returns 'soon', Iron Man Iron Man Iron Man, Iron Man, Iron Man Iron Man, Iron man, Iron man, Iron man, Back to the future 'soon', Iron Man Iron Man Iron Man.

Exactly! Thank god other companies are stepping up to fill the void that HT is leaving unfulfilled. Not to mention at half the cost.

Yeah, Star Wars, which apparently Chan loves. Not a single mention.

well to be fair, ht doesn't have the star wars license (i know it's been mentioned a zillion times but i'm sure this greatly inhibits their options) sideshow does...secondly he did mention in past interviews they were going to do star wars, but it would be focused around the new movies.

It was the mention of 'Hollywood Masterpiece' that got me most excited, but I guess it might just be a poor translation of Movie Masterpiece. Though I hope it means we might get some classic Hollywood figures from the past. A bit like the old M-Icon range.

It was the mention of 'Hollywood Masterpiece' that got me most excited, but I guess it might just be a poor translation of Movie Masterpiece. Though I hope it means we might get some classic Hollywood figures from the past. A bit like the old M-Icon range.

Indeed. Bring on 2052! :rock

I'm proud to say that I've never owned a single iron man out of the 40 figures that have passed through my possession. However small or insignificant, I refuse to support that line. It's getting ridiculous at this point how much they are milking it. The movies weren't even that great to warrant such mass production. They should have stopped after the first movie cause the other two are terrible.

As soon as Hot Toys makes the Iron Whiplash and Pepper Potts,I'm done with Iron Man.
I hope we see the next DX Star Wars sooner rather than later.

Only if Anakin is wearing the IM suit.

this is probably what happened at a recent hot toys staff meeting:

Howard: what's on the slate for today?

Staff: Iron Man

Hoard: Iron Man! ...anything else?

Staff: nope.

Howard: cool. get back to work. I've got a meeting with the lawyers, we're trying to see if we can change this whole year of the horse thing to the year of iron man and make it official. by the way, would it be inappropriate to post "iron man all day every day or gtfo" on our facebook page? screw it, make it happen!

We're all about to be given a reality check by someone with the very new information which we haven't heard before that Iron Man sells and Hot Toys is a business. How will you respond?

Back