Howard Chan - New Years Interview - Iron Man, Batman, BTTF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh. I guess the notion that Hot Toys are simply capitalising on an incredibly popular license does make some sense now people mention it.

Well I knew the comics were popular, but Hot Toys usually does movie figures. Maybe more people are reading comics nowadays than what I thought :dunno

We're all about to be given a reality check by someone with the very new information which we haven't heard before that Iron Man sells and Hot Toys is a business. How will you respond?

I love a nice, thick, juicy steak, but were I to get fed a diet of nothing but steak, no matter how well it's cooked, I'm going to get sick of eating steak at some point....

The Iron Man thing is getting obnoxious but the people that cry and constantly joke about it are even worse. They should be thankful, Hot Toys is saving them hundreds to thousands a year. I quite like this thing I got going on where I only get 3-4 figures a year, sometimes less. It makes them more special.

God bless the folks that are in it for the Iron Man stuff and are compelled to get it all. If you look at that gigantic catalog, that is quite the feat. What is Hot Toys going to do though? Iron Man sells extremely well, Asia loves robot dudes. The character is the best type of collectible figure, easily. It makes sense to milk the hell out of it till you can't milk no more. It makes the occasional "Godfather", "Dutch", "Crow", etc. more unique. Besides, it's not like their damn Predator and Batman stuff isn't old hat at this point and nobody complains when those are constantly announced.

The money saving is a good point.....not that I have managed to save any money due to my Terminator multiple's and parts purchasing, 89 Batmobile, Hulk, 1:4 figures and NECAs aswell......

I love a nice, thick, juicy steak, but were I to get fed a diet of nothing but steak, no matter how well it's cooked, I'm going to get sick of eating steak at some point....

What about punani, would get sick of punani?

I think it originates from Hawaii. Australia's always had a bit of traffic between there and here, surfers mostly - I wonder if that explains the connection or whether it has slipped into common usage elsewhere as well. I love that word :lol

You and I maybe the only two here that know the meaning of "punani"...LOL

And have to say, I chuckle every time someone here uses it in a sentence...

OMG you mean the plans of releasing every single Iron an suit wasn't a joke???

tumblr_mrjiikTsED1sfah95o1_500.gif

The money must be there if they plan on making all of the suits. I can't imagine anyone but DIE HARD fans buying some of those suits that were only a blur on screen. :dunno

Back