Howard Chan Interview

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well...considering this:

Q6) Will all figures display @ show be available?
A6) HT uses SDCC & ACGHK as a platform to communicate with collectors. Will then get feedback and guage market demand before deciding.

....we might be seeing 2018 SDCC as the con holding the record for "Most displayed figures at at Con that never wont on PO"

At least Ep5 Han (didn't specify which one- Bespin? Hoth? Carbon frozen?) is "in development" along with (presumably BDW) Lando.

My guess at the never-shows: Mimban Trooper, Range Trooper, Airborne Trooper, Jango

Ah well- they looked great.

Man, Howard hints that he'd like to make some EU figures, and everyone's upset?! Tough crowd. I'm just excited that I am one step closer to getting my Empatojayos Brand figure. :rotfl

Glad to hear EP V Han and Lando confirmed. Padme too. Dark Empire Luke is a little niche, but since it can't be classed as a Movie Masterpiece or a Video Game Character release, I wonder whether this will mark a new series, or have Hot Toys released a comic only based character before?

Q6) Will all figures display @ show be available?
A6) HT uses SDCC & ACGHK as a platform to communicate with collectors. Will then get feedback and guage market demand before deciding.
Ah so they'll blame disappearing figures on the imaginary feedback that we all gave them.:lol Thanks for the article though, great to hear about Padme, Han and Lando!

The ST is so bad that it got Hot Toys to consider making figures of EU Legends. :lol

Glad that (Bespin) Lando and Han are finally being solicited. I'd also like to see them produce a Glover Lando and Qi'Ra, but that ship may have sailed. Good news on Padme as well.

Other than that light on announcements as usual. Nebula, Mantis, Armored Thanos w/little Gamora.

It would have been good to get some info on Cyborg, '66 Joker, Baze, and Valkyrie.

Dark Empire Luke would be unexpected and awesome. Nice to hear Lando is in the works. Too bad about the Clone Wars comment. I think he gave more concrete answers than ever.

Not surprised about the gauging interest. Wish the Power Droids made it out and the RoTJ Stormtrooper.

What sucks is if Dark Empire Luke gets made it'll be a ROTJ head on a new costume, a cheap SDCC EX reuse.

I'd love to see them do a Bespin 2.0 instead. I sold my DX version to a boardie here, never really regretted it, but kinda want some representation of Bespin Luke in my collection.

I'm trying to wind down the star wars collecting so, I'm glad we are getting ham and lando. After those, I'm pretty well set unless they do Piett or enslaved Leia. Maybe lobot...

If Padmé is in the queen outfit I won’t be able to resist... any other outfit won’t interest me the slightest. But glad they’re doing her.

Such BS. They use the con to gauge interest? In what way? How many pic tags they get on IG? :dunno

It’s not like they take polls or are on the floor engaging fans. Hell, the SIdeshow reps were barely on the floor this year. And previous years, you’d ask them questions about the likelihood of figures coming out and they had no clue.

It all boils down to what HC wants.

Well if you follow them on FB it's pretty easy to see from the hundreds of comments what people are genuinely excited about, and what they're lukewarm on. There was definitely a lot of buzz around Bespin Leia, which makes me pretty confident we'll see her at some point. But I don't remember the same kind of excitement around Baze or the DS Trooper.

I do agree though a poll would be a much better way to go about this and guage interest in future figures. Even if it might remove the fun of seeing something cool and unexpected show up at a con.

Back